- Examining reports on black money commissioned by UPA: Fin Min
- Japan welcomes Trump's threat to destroy North Korea
- No floor test, no elections in 18 seats: Madras HC
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- Visits by Trump, Modi to Israel 'truly historic': Netanyahu
- Anger building up against Modi government: Rahul
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Heavy rains in Mumbai for 2nd day; flight services hit
Heads likely to roll in Bihar Congress
All seems not well in Bihar Congress as the party is facing the threat of disintegration. There are voices of dissent in the party which was not taken kindly by the party high command and there is all possibility that some heads might be rolled for rebellion or defying the diktats of high command.
The threat of split was lurking since the party was ousted from power in the last week of July when Chief Minister Nitish Kumar leading the Mahagathbandhan Government broke the grand alliance and joined hands with the BJP. The party high command including chief Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi have tried to keep the flock together amid reports that a number of Congress MLAs were weighing options to join JD(U).
The high command is heaving a sigh of relief after it succeeded in nipping the rebellion in the bud in Bihar particularly after Rahul held one-to-one talks with each party legislator in Delhi on Thursday but in BPCC circles it is still speculated that a good number of MLAs are not feeling easy in the party.
Bihar Congress president Ashok Choudhary, who till recently was Education Minister and close confident of Nitish, seemingly feeling the heat and likely to be axed soon. Similarly, the high command is also not very pleased with Congress Legislature Party leader and nine terms MLA Sadanand Singh. The AICC Bihar incharge C P Joshi is also expected to be replaced. Amid the speculations of the split in the CLP it was widely believed that it was the team of Choudhary and Singh who tried to seek signature of legislators for enforcing a split.
According to sources in Congress the leadership was quite upset with the three functionaries and they might be replaced. Some names are already doing round in the party circle. The high command was alerted when there had been reports that at least 14 MLAs had signed for the split in the CLP and attempts were on to seek the support of four more for formalizing split in the 27 member CLP. Rahul was so furious that he gave a dressing down to the MLAs with suspected loyalty.
Senior Congress leader Umakant Singh took a dig at the State leadership and asked who the people were indulging in conspiracy to engineer split. He recalled that in 2015 election many “outsiders” were given ticket who had nothing to do with Congress. He said many of them were primary members of JD(U). When Nitish failed to accommodate them he forced Congress to give them tickets and many of them won, he added.
An emotional Choudhary said that it was a false charges that he was behind attempt to engineer split. A teary eyed PCC chief said he served the party for 25 years (including four years as State president) and took it to new heights from the marginalization. “Some senior leaders of the AICC are trying to topple me and appoint their favourite as party chief,” he alleged.
- 38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Traffic cop killed after being hit by truck 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Litigant in Babri Masjid case Mahant Bhaskar Das dies 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Men in car threatened to kill me: Naqvi's sister 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Give attention to swachchh campaign: I&B Min tells TV channels, FM stations 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM to dedicate Sardar Sarovar project to nation 17 Sep 2017 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delay in declaring holiday on Hari Singh's birth anniversary 17 Sep 2017 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP sets a deadline to sack Karnataka Min KJ George 17 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maya to strategise next political move at Monday‚Äôs maha rally 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Dileep‚Äôs actress-wife Kavya seeks anticipatory bail 17 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Sep 2017 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Intensifying drive against cyber criminals in Jamtara, Police have arrested four more criminals from Dharuadih and Manjhladih areas under Karmatand Police Station, while they were trying to dupe people though internet, while 20 others succeeded in escaping from the spot. As of now, as many as 104 cases of cyber crime has been lodged in the district alone, out of which more than 80 have been lodged by police itself...