Rahul to launch 1st leg of Cong poll campaign in Karnataka on Feb 10
Congress president Rahul Gandhi will launch the first leg of his party's poll campaign in Karnataka on February 10. The Karnataka assembly polls are expected to be held in March- April and dates for polling to the 225-member state Assembly are yet to be announced by the Election Commission of India (ECI).
Karnataka Chief Minister K Siddaramaiah, State unit chief of the party G Parameshwara, former Union Minister Oscar Fernandes, Leader of Congress in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge were amongst the others who called on Rahul Gandhi to review the party's preparedness and discuss its strategy in the run-up to the Karnataka polls.
“Rahulji will visit Karnataka from February 10-12 for the first leg of the (poll) campaign,” Parameshwara told reporters after the meeting. Others present were state Congress' working presidents S R Patil and Dinesh Gundu Rao, the party's Karnataka in-charge from AICC KC Venugopal, senior Congress leaders K Rahman Khan, K H Muniyappa and Veerappa Moily.
Rahul would start his Karnataka tour from Bengaluru and also travel to the other parts of the state. “Various programmes have been lined up on all three days. Rahulji will address farmers, intellectuals and students among others,” said Parameshwara.
Siddaramaiah said the BJP was raising irrelevant issues in Karnataka. “That (Hindutva) is the only issue they have. Yogi Adityanath and Amit Shah are also raising the same issue and Narendra Modi may also raise the same issue,” he said.
He claimed Rahul was very happy to know that there is no anti-incumbency against his Government, and that all programmes that were mentioned in our manifesto have been completed.
- Business Corner 24 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Committee suggests 100% foodgrain packaging in jute bags 24 Jun 2018 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- India, Cuba agree to enhance co-op in biotechnology 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Prepare policy to set up stalls of GI products at airports: Prabhu to officials 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- S Balasubramanian to take over as Bharti Infratel CFO on Aug 10 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Infosys stable and on verge of something momentous: Nilekani 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Latvian woman‚Äôs murder: Live-in partner blasts LDF 24 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- TN on verge of taking over by secessionists, warns Radhakrishnan 24 Jun 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
- HDK rejects guidelines of Cauvery River Water Regulation Committee 24 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Recognising the intent and passion of the Central Sarna Committee in safeguarding tribal customs as well as in infusing modern practices into the tribal community, Chief Minister Raghubar Das called upon the people to extend their support to the cause. The Chief Minister, in the same breath, rapped 'anti-national' forces who he alleged are attacking open culture of the community and said that the Government is here to protect the rights...