Youth Parliament to mark 125th anniv
The BJP Government would ‘revive’ the spirit of Swami Vivekananda’s stirring Chicago speech 125 years ago by organising a ‘Youth Parliament’ here on September 11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the ‘Youth Parliament’ and his speech will be telecast live at various educational institutions across the country.
The occasion would also be observed as part of BJP ideologue Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya’s centenary celebrations.
In view of Prime Minister’s emphasis “to invigorate” the youth of the country and use its energy for nation-building, the Chicago address would be “replayed” to understand the real message of Swami Vivekananda, said a senior leader.
Students from different schools, colleges and universities would be invited to the event which will be organised in ‘Vigyan Bhawan’. Most of them would be those representing their college and school unions or in absence of them “the most bright” among them would attend the main function in the national Capital.
The theme of the programme will be on “Young lndia, New lndia — A Resurgent Nation: from Sankalp to Sidhhi” that would attempt at bringing in Swami’s teachings and its use in their right educational, career and spiritual growth.
All the Vice-Chancellors of universities, heads of higher educational institutions have been asked to provide an opportunity and facility to the teachers and students to view Prime Minister’s address by arranging audio-visual room or auditorium on the campus and installing of proper TV and projection facility for wide viewing. The students and teachers may be encouraged to participate in the event.
BJP’s theme of inspirational youth and nationalism would be intertwined while celebrating famous event at Chicago, USA, on September 11, 1893, when Vivekananda gave the world the message of universal tolerance and brotherhood. It would be the 125th anniversary of the famed speech on September 11 when he said, “We believe not only in universal toleration, but we accept all religions as true. I am proud to belong to a nation which has sheltered the persecuted and the refugees of all religions and all nations of the earth”.
“Swami Vivekananda’s aim was to serve Bharat Mata and to serve the Daridra Narayan. He did not do things for himself. When he went to USA, he showcased the true strength and identity of the country”, the Prime Minister had said while speaking on the closing ceremony of Vivekananda’s 150th birth anniversary celebrations in 2014.
Modi, while paying rich tributes to Swami Vivekananda, had said in Gandhinagar that he was “sure the youth is deeply inspired by Swami Vivekananda and will carry forward his ideals for India’s growth” and that “we want daughters to be equal partners in this journey towards Rashtra Nirman”. The speech of Vivekananda would be played out and also read out in different functions across the country, said BJP leaders.
- Business Corner 24 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Committee suggests 100% foodgrain packaging in jute bags 24 Jun 2018 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- India, Cuba agree to enhance co-op in biotechnology 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Prepare policy to set up stalls of GI products at airports: Prabhu to officials 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- S Balasubramanian to take over as Bharti Infratel CFO on Aug 10 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Infosys stable and on verge of something momentous: Nilekani 24 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Latvian woman‚Äôs murder: Live-in partner blasts LDF 24 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- TN on verge of taking over by secessionists, warns Radhakrishnan 24 Jun 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
- HDK rejects guidelines of Cauvery River Water Regulation Committee 24 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | Lucknow
Cabinet minister and Suheldeo Bhartiya Samaj Party chief Om Prakash Rajbhar along with his supporters constructed a road in his village near Varanasi on Saturday. The minister, a compulsive dissident in the Yogi government, resorted to the extreme step maintaining that despite repeated requests, the Public Works Department (PWD) refused to construct the road...