- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
Man shoots at wife after she files case against him for raping stepdaughter
A 28-year-old woman, who had refused to withdraw a sexual harassment case against her own husband for allegedly molesting his stepdaughter, was shot at by him on Saturday in outer Delhi's Ranhola area.
She was in the market when her second husband, who is in his 30s, shot at her, said police, adding that she sustained bullet injuries to her left cheek and abdomen.
The woman was rushed to a hospital where her condition is said to be stable. The accused, however, fled from the spot.
A senior police officer said the woman had separated from her first husband around six-seven years back.
Later, she met another man and got married to him. She has an eight-year-old daughter from her first marriage and a five-year-old daughter from her second marriage.
Her second husband allegedly molested his stepdaughter and fled from their house. His wife lodged a case against him on May 29 but he has been absconding since then. He had tried contacting her to tell her that she should withdraw the case or "face consequences", the officer said.
However, she did not budge. He attacked her in the market and fled from there. Police have launched a manhunt for him and he is likely to be arrested soon, he added.
- 12-hr search finds body of woman killed by husband 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Body of 17-yr-old tied to chair with throat slit found 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kejriwal, Sisodia inspect Shakarpur Anganwadis 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Cop arrested for mowing down IAS officer's mother 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP backstabbed farmers: Kejriwal 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- JNU accuses JNUSU, JNUTA for disrupting Academic Council meet 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- LoP: Complete map authentication work of villages to build 25 lakh houses 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Posters at AAP HQ calls Vishwas ‘betrayer’ 18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Separatists’ bandh hits lives in Valley 18 Jun 2017 | Khursheed Wani | in Sunday Pioneer
- 3 killed, 2 missing in meghalaya landslide 18 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The Bhopalites would witness a mild evening of devotional songs and classical music at Dushyant Kumar Memorial Museum of Manuscript. The event Aradhna will be held at the museum on Thursday...