- Waiting for answers on corruption allegations from 'Maun sahab', Rahul to Modi
- Delhi boy 'commits' suicide a day after locals try to molest his sister
- Why did Manmohan not show courage to order surgical strikes post 26/11: Modi
- Three militants, woman killed in J&K gunfight
- Ryan murder: SC rejects plea against Pintos' bail
- Ahmedabad Police denies permission to roadshows of Rahul, BJP
- Don't drag us into your domestic politics: Pak to India
Mehbooba elected PDP president again
Jammu and KashmirvChief Minister Mehbooba Mufti was unanimously elected as the president of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the sixth consecutive termon Saturday.
Mehbooba thanked the members of the electoral college for reposing trust in her leadership. She assured to carry forward the party’s political policy with renewed enthusiasm and vigour.
Mehbooba plunged into politics in 1996 when her father fielded her as Congress candidate from Bijbehara constituency. She quit Congress in 1999 and floated the PDP. She was first time elected as the PDP president in 2003.
Opposition leader and former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah congratulated Mehbooba on her election as PDP president. for the sixth consecutive time.
“Congratulations to @MehboobaMufti on being re-elected as President of @jkpdp. We may not agree on much these days but I wish you well,” omar wrote on twitter.
Mehbooba later thanked Omar Abdullah for congratulating her.
“Thanks for the wishes Omar. Debate is the essence of democracy so we can agree to disagree on certain issues,” she wrote on twitter.
- N Korea blames US for tensions in rare UN talks 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rohingya crisis: Red Cross faced with ‚Äėreal challenge' 10 Dec 2017 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Saudi-led strike on Yemen TV station kills four: Houthis 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Gaza rocket hits Israeli town: Army 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Nepal Left alliance sweeps parliamentary poll 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Israel strikes kill two in Gaza as Trump rage 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- US draws flak over Jerusalem 10 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr Central aid 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Put country first, Rawat tells students 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brahmaputra turbidity level beyond permissible level 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The students securing 70 per cent marks in the Class XII examination will also get the benefit of the Chief Minister's Medhavi Vidyarthi Protsahan Yojna from next year. The scheme will cover all courses offered in government colleges...