JSW Energy bags PPAs aggregating to 208 Megawatt
JSW Energy on Saturday said it has secured power purchase pacts aggregating to 208 MW, taking the long-term PPA proportion of the company on a consolidated basis to 69.3 per cent from 64.6 per cent.
“JSW Energy has successfully secured PPAs aggregating to 208 MW. With this, the long-term PPA proportion of the company on a consolidated basis has increased from 64.6 per cent at the end of second quarter of 2017-18 to 69.3 per cent currently,” the company said in a filing to BSE.
A power purchase agreement (PPA), or electricity power agreement, is a contract between two parties, one which generates electricity and the other which is looking to purchase electricity.
The pacts include a 176 MW PPA with Haryana Power Purchase Centre to be supplied from Karcham Wangtoo Hydro Electric Project of Himachal Baspa Power Company Ltd, a 100 per cent subsidiary of the company, and 32 MW under group captive scheme to be supplied from the Ratnagiri plant of the company, it said.
According to the company's website, JSW Energy operates 4,531 MW of power generation capacity with the vision to achieve 10,000 MW by 2020.
- Tests rule out bats as source of Nipah virus in Kerala 27 May 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Court allows Swamy to produce documents 27 May 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- People disappointed during Cong Govt, says Gujarat BJP president 27 May 2018 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Mahout trampled to death by temple elephant 27 May 2018 | Kumar Chellappan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Use all means to win bypoll: Fadnavis on audio tape released by Shiv Sena 27 May 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- Tourists gangrape girl in Goa, film act; held 27 May 2018 | M Rao | in Sunday Pioneer
- Bypoll in Bihar: Nitish, Tejashwi eye Jokihat 27 May 2018 | Faizan Ahmad | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kerala bypoll: Campaigning ends; all sides confident 27 May 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Country has gone backward by 40 years, alleges Cong 27 May 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Mayawati: Countdown for Govt's departure has begun 27 May 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 May 2018 | PNS
Youth symposium at Gumla Vikash Bharti Bishunpur will organize youth symposium-2018 on May 28 at Gumla. The programme will be inaugurated by Chief Minister, Raghubar Das in the presence of other dignitaries...