- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Time ripe for holding co for PSBs to fix fund-crunch, fraud mess: Mundra
It is the right time to consider a holding company for Indian public sector banks to manage the country’s fraud-hit and cash-strapped financial industry, former RBI Deputy Governor S S Mundra said.
Mundra, however, said that conditions were not right for privatisation of state-run lenders due to the socio-economic situation of India.
“Time is ripe now to hold discussions on a holding company for banks. Let the bank holding company start with the government majority and it should have a majority in individual bank,” Mundra said at the State Bank of India-sponsored Mint Asia Global Banking Conclave here on Friday.
In step two, the government should do away with the majority in the holding company.“I think that should be the road map and this might take 15-20 years,” said Mundra.
He agreed with SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar that conditions were not right for privatisation of the Public Sector Banks (PSBs). “Clearly privatisation (of PSB) is no panacea; that is quite clear,” added Mundra at the conclave attended by some 200 members of the Indian business community here.
- ‚ÄėAssault‚Äô on police driver: Action against Kerala ADGP 17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rain batters North-East, 17 die in flash floods, landslides 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Police visit rape accused Daati Maharaj's ashram 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Two arrested for attack on Dalit boy in Gujarat 17 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Owaisi rejects UN report on Kashmir, backs Modi Govt 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- No one can touch me till 2019 polls: Kumaraswamy 17 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- Karnataka Dy CM declines to confirm reports 17 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- AAP disassociates from Khaira's referendum remark 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- ‚ÄėPriest bobbitises himself over remarks against religious leaders' 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma to embark on seven-day trip to four European nations today 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...