- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Mother dear mother
Celebrities talks about how special their moms are and what they have imbibed from them. Sunday Pioneer reports
‘Mom is my lifeline’
Mother's Day is super special for me as I'm extremely close to my mother like most of us usually are! She is my lifeline. I mean it when I say that! From the smallest efforts that we put into our mother-son relationship to the biggest dreams that we have achieved together, it has been and continues to be my most important and nourishing relationship. This day is just a call for a celebration where I can celebrate my mom and her being! All that I’m today or I ever aspire to be is because of her! But I would suggest that you keep the spirit of Mother's Day in your head all year round because just one day is not enough! Go, make the most important person in your life feel special.
— Actor Sahil Salathia
‘Taught me to be kind & compassionate’
My mother is an angel. She does so much for everyone around her, in society and in the family. I truly have never met another woman like her.
I’ve learnt from her to be compassionate and kind. She's the force behind everything I do. And she's made me liberal and strong as well. I will pass on to the next generation the virtue that 'one person standing on the word of God is the majority'.
The biggest sacrifice any mother can do for their children is to give them birth. God knows, it's not an easy process. The biggest thing I have done and continue to do for her is that I am kind.
That's how she's taught me to live. This Mother’s Day, since she is in Delhi and I in Mumbai, I am going to talk to her over the phone and will visit her soon.
— Actress Richa Chadha
‘Symbol of happiness’
My mother is the symbol of everything happy in my life. I still remember she had composed a song. My brother, mumma and I would sing it every evening while waiting for papa to return from work. My fondest learning that I teach to my niece and nephew is Burmese poems that my brother and I had learnt as children.
We still cherish them and share them with the next generation of the family. Whatever our parents have done for us, we might not be able to do for our children. There is never an end to what you want to do for your mother. I wish to spend more time with her and take her for a trip to Myanmar, from where she hails.
— Actor Aparshakti Khurana
‘Learnt to Believe in myself’
My mother is a strong willed person who loves unconditionally and doesn't know what hate means. Just listening to her stories lying down on her lap is still my favourite thing to in the world. She taught me to believe in myself. One thing that stayed with me was that she told me that I am special, what you can do nobody in the world can. That just stayed with me. She used to take me to my cricket coaching in my growing up years and then wait tirelessly for hours outside the ground but never showed that it was so hot. Whenever I see her she would just smile. I don't think there is anything I can do to even come remotely close to what she has done for me. All I try and do is just spend my maximum time with her.
— Actor Saqib Saleem
My best critic & friend
I can’t operate even for a single moment without my mom even though I am married now and have wonderful in-laws. For the smallest things in life, I fall back on my mom. She is my biggest critic and best friend too. I look up to her for being so strong especially the times after my father passed away. We were really young then and she took care of the entire house, of her children and worked as well. She made sure she found a right music teacher and made sure that I pursued my hobbies. She is very humble and is a giver. Whatever she says is absolutely correct for me.
— Singer Tulsi Kumar
- DU admissions to continue till June 28; 2nd cut-off list on July 1 25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | in Sunday Pioneer
- Gang of mobile thieves busted with arrest of 2, 65 phones seized 25 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Act as per rules, L-G tells vigilance in plea against CM in PWD scam 25 Jun 2017 | SR | in Sunday Pioneer
- In a first, CM opens astro turf in Govt school 25 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Drowned police’s body recovered from Jaitapur 25 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kovind to visit UP today to seek support 25 Jun 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Book on darkest days of democracy released 25 Jun 2017 | NAYAN DAVE | in Sunday Pioneer
- Assets worth Rs 500 cr found in possession of Govt employee 25 Jun 2017 | Omer Farooq | in Sunday Pioneer
- Moral policing: woman tied to tree, assaulted for hrs in Kerala 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- UD Min reviews progress of works to make Varanasi ODF 25 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...