- Chidambaram attacks TN Speaker for disqualifying 18 MLAs
- US resumes premium processing of H-1B visas
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Intolerance, unemployment key issues facing India: Rahul Gandhi
- India seeks probe into nuclear proliferation links between Pak, N Korea
- Suu Kyi appeals to global community over Rohingya crisis
Mumbai-Nagpur Samruddhi Corridor hits Sena hurdle
Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said on Saturday that his party would oppose the Rs 800 km Mumbai-Nagpur ‘Samruddhi Corridor’ (Prosperity Corridor) till such time the BJP-led saffron alliance agreed not to acquire the farmers’ fertile land and instead promised good price for other tracts of land being acquired from farmers for the much-discussed project.
Upping the ante on the farmers’ issue yet again, Uddhav made it clear that the Sena would not tolerate any kind of pressure brought to bear on the farmers in matters relating to the acquisition of agriculture land for the Rs 46,000 crore Nagpur-Mumbai Samruddhi Corridor project.
“The Sena will not rest till the state government meets all the demands of the farmers. We are with farmers till such time justice is done to them. We are totally opposed to the state government using fertile land belonging to the farmers for the Samruddhi Corridor project. We are also of the opinion that the farmers get right price for their infertile land to be acquired for the Samruddhi Corridor project,” Uddhav said.
Uddhav also disclosed that he had sent PWD Minister Eknath Shinde to Hingne to talks to farmers on the land acquisition for the Samruddhi Corridor project. “We are opposed to farmers get intimidated by the government agencies engaged in the land acquisition process. The land acquisition process has been completed in Shinde’s presence,” he said.
Shinde, who was also present at the news conference, said: “I had gone personally to Hingne to ensure against injustice to farmers. In my effort to see that justice is done to farmers, I was present when the government agencies carried out the land acquisition process. The land acquisition is going on as per Uddhav Thackeray’s direction. For me, my party is more important than the ministerial post that I hold. I do not want to indulge in any kind of politics. My only objective is to see that farmers get just compensation for the land acquired from them for the Samruddhi Corridor project”.
Among other things, the developmental model adopted in 24 townships of nine districts in the state identified under the Samruddhi Corridor project seeks to reduce drastically migration. Each township is being designed to generate 20,000 to 25,000 jobs. Having allocated Rs 12,000 crore for the 24 nodes, the state3 government has set the target of job creation for 4.8 to 6 lakh people in rural areas across Vidarbha, Marathwada, parts of North and Western Maharashtra and Konkan region.
- 38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Traffic cop killed after being hit by truck 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Litigant in Babri Masjid case Mahant Bhaskar Das dies 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Men in car threatened to kill me: Naqvi's sister 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Give attention to swachchh campaign: I&B Min tells TV channels, FM stations 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM to dedicate Sardar Sarovar project to nation 17 Sep 2017 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delay in declaring holiday on Hari Singh's birth anniversary 17 Sep 2017 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP sets a deadline to sack Karnataka Min KJ George 17 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maya to strategise next political move at Monday‚Äôs maha rally 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Dileep‚Äôs actress-wife Kavya seeks anticipatory bail 17 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Sep 2017 | PNS
MP warns against fake ads Koderma MP Ravindra Kumar Roy has warned youths to beware of fake job advertisements for KISAN TV Channel as a gang is cheating on the name of the job in this TV channel. Roy appealed to the youths not come in such a hoax as in the name of training they are asking youths to deposit money in their accounts...