BJP trying to misguide UP: Cong
Uttar Pradesh Congress accused the Bharatiya Janta Party of trying to misguide the public by projecting distorted facts about its victory in the Urban Local Bodies polls. The party also blamed the media for not projecting the correct picture of the results.
“Even though the BJP won 14 out of 16 Mayoral seats in the recently concluded civic polls, the fact remains that in overall elections, they performed poorly but still they were patting their back as if they had swept the elections,” asserted Congress MLC Deepak Singh. He pointed out that the BJP’s victory could only be attributed to tampered EVMs as in other seats where ballot papers were used, the BJP performed poorly.
“In the last Lok Sabha elections, the win percentage of the BJP was 90 per cent which came to 70 percent in Assembly poll. Now in Urban Local Bodies poll, the BJP’s win per centage is merely 27 per cent. Even afetr scraping through the party is projecting its win as a clean sweep,” said Singh
Giving figures, Singh said that out of the total 5217 results declared for Nagar Palika chairman, BJP won 68 and lost 125 while for Nagar Palika Parishad member the BJP won merely 914 sears and lost 4303 seats.
“Similarly in Nagar Panchayat chairman’s post, the BJP won 100 seats and lost 337 seats while in Nagar Panchayat members it lost 4728 seats and won just 662 seats,” Singh pointed out.
The Congress leader also blamed the media for presenting a distorted picture. Rs Rs The media is not looking into facts that the BJP failed according to its total win percentage but was just highlighting the Mayoral results in which it fared well,” he charged.
Singh also claimed that the Congress made a tremendous gain by securing 10 per cent additional votes in the present elections as compared to what they got in the last polls, yet the party was projected as if it had lost ground.
Meanwhile, Aam Admi Party (AAP) on Saturday also claimed that voters in the state had chosen alternative politics to teach the mainstream political parties a lesson in the civic polls by supporting Independents.
“Media reports of landslide victory for the BJP in civic polls is just a myth. Actually, Independents fared very well and people supported them to teach the BJP, Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party and Congress a lesson for their politics of communal, caste and corrruption,” claimed AAP national spokesperson Sanjay Singh.
Addressing media persons in Lucknow on Saturday, Singh thanked the people of the state for supporting AAP candidates due to which the candidates bagged two seats of Nagar Panchayat chairperson and a total of 42 wards in Nagar Palika and Nagar Panchayat.
“AAP always promoted alternative politics and though the party contested in civic polls for the first time in UP, it achieved good success,” he claimed.
- N Korea blames US for tensions in rare UN talks 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rohingya crisis: Red Cross faced with ‚Äėreal challenge' 10 Dec 2017 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Saudi-led strike on Yemen TV station kills four: Houthis 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Gaza rocket hits Israeli town: Army 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Nepal Left alliance sweeps parliamentary poll 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Israel strikes kill two in Gaza as Trump rage 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- US draws flak over Jerusalem 10 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr Central aid 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Put country first, Rawat tells students 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brahmaputra turbidity level beyond permissible level 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
13 Dec 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The Congress will organise a yatra covering all the 11 districts where the party feels that the employment rights of the locals have been compromised with. The protest is also against the said promise reportedly made by Chief Minister Raghubar Das to amend the decision allowing outsiders into Government jobs in certain part of the State...