Govt to unveil new Haj policy this month: Naqvi
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month.
Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to the new policy.
“A high-level committee constituted to frame the new Haj policy is in final stage of shaping the policy and it will be unveiled later this month. The new Haj policy is aimed at making Haj process more transparent and smooth. Providing best facilities to Haj pilgrims is at centre of this new Haj policy,” the minister said.
Naqvi, who reviewed the ongoing Haj 2017 at the meeting, said that reviving the option of sending Haj pilgrims through sea route was one of the important part of the new Haj policy. “Sending pilgrims through ships will help cut down travel expenses by nearly half as compared to airfares. It will be a revolutionary, pro-poor, pilgrim-friendly decision,” he said.
The practice of ferrying Haj pilgrims between Mumbai and Jeddah by waterways was stopped from 1995.
Naqvi said that another advantage with ships available these days was they were modern and well-equipped to ferry 4,000 to 5,000 people at a time. They can cover the 2,300-odd nautical miles one-side distance between Mumbai and Jeddah within two-three days.
- 38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Traffic cop killed after being hit by truck 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Litigant in Babri Masjid case Mahant Bhaskar Das dies 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Men in car threatened to kill me: Naqvi's sister 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Give attention to swachchh campaign: I&B Min tells TV channels, FM stations 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM to dedicate Sardar Sarovar project to nation 17 Sep 2017 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delay in declaring holiday on Hari Singh's birth anniversary 17 Sep 2017 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP sets a deadline to sack Karnataka Min KJ George 17 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maya to strategise next political move at Monday‚Äôs maha rally 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Dileep‚Äôs actress-wife Kavya seeks anticipatory bail 17 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Cambrian Public School put up a great show and defeated Delhi Public School by 4/1 in the finals of the two-day Inter-School Football Tournament: ‘Ranchi Cup’-2017 at Delhi Public School, Ranchi on Friday. Subrata Dutta, Sr...