- Chidambaram attacks TN Speaker for disqualifying 18 MLAs
- US resumes premium processing of H-1B visas
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Intolerance, unemployment key issues facing India: Rahul Gandhi
- India seeks probe into nuclear proliferation links between Pak, N Korea
- Suu Kyi appeals to global community over Rohingya crisis
Tension in Badaun after smugglers kill over six stray cattle
Tension prevailed in Badaun district after cattle smugglers allegedly killed at least half-a-dozen stray cattle and fired at people in a village on Friday night. Taking serious cognizance of the matter, senior police officer immediately suspended entire Dial 100 team and also strengthened police force in the area.
“Bovine smugglers killed at least half-a-dozen stray cattle and threw the skeletons after packing the flesh in a truck,” Senior Superintendent of Police in Badaun, Chandra Prakash revealed. They smugglers also fired at villagers in Bhoor Khitaura village in Sahaswan tehsil to make a safe escape, on Friday night.
“Based on the complaints of the villagers, the entire team of Dial 100 (responsible for patrolling in the village) has been suspended,” he said. The circle officer of Sahawan has been asked to conduct a probe into the alleged laxity of the police station in-charge of Sahaswan Police Station and other staff, Prakash said. Agitating villagers blocked the highway following which
senior officials of the district administration reached the spot. They were pacifying the villagers to call off their protest.
Meanwhile Azamgarh police has arrested main accused of 26 deaths due to spurious liquor in Raunapar area of the district. Superintendent of Police in Azamgarh, Ajay Sahani said that action on a tip-off, a tip police team nabbed Mulayam and his aide Pintu Yadav under Jiyanpur Kotwali area on Saturday morning. Police recovered two cars and 503 pouches of illegal liquor from them. Sahani said that liquor mafia Mulayam Yadav was accused of 2013 hooch tragedy also which had claimed 53 lives. In Mubaraqpur 26 persons were died after consuming poisonous liquor though the administration claimed that only 12 persons were killed.
- 38-yr-old held for duping people coming to ATM 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Traffic cop killed after being hit by truck 17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Sunday Pioneer
- Litigant in Babri Masjid case Mahant Bhaskar Das dies 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Men in car threatened to kill me: Naqvi's sister 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Give attention to swachchh campaign: I&B Min tells TV channels, FM stations 17 Sep 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- PM to dedicate Sardar Sarovar project to nation 17 Sep 2017 | Nayan Dave | in Sunday Pioneer
- Delay in declaring holiday on Hari Singh's birth anniversary 17 Sep 2017 | Mohit Kandhari | in Sunday Pioneer
- BJP sets a deadline to sack Karnataka Min KJ George 17 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Maya to strategise next political move at Monday‚Äôs maha rally 17 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Dileep‚Äôs actress-wife Kavya seeks anticipatory bail 17 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Sep 2017 | PNS
MP warns against fake ads Koderma MP Ravindra Kumar Roy has warned youths to beware of fake job advertisements for KISAN TV Channel as a gang is cheating on the name of the job in this TV channel. Roy appealed to the youths not come in such a hoax as in the name of training they are asking youths to deposit money in their accounts...