Tension in Badaun after smugglers kill over six stray cattle
Tension prevailed in Badaun district after cattle smugglers allegedly killed at least half-a-dozen stray cattle and fired at people in a village on Friday night. Taking serious cognizance of the matter, senior police officer immediately suspended entire Dial 100 team and also strengthened police force in the area.
“Bovine smugglers killed at least half-a-dozen stray cattle and threw the skeletons after packing the flesh in a truck,” Senior Superintendent of Police in Badaun, Chandra Prakash revealed. They smugglers also fired at villagers in Bhoor Khitaura village in Sahaswan tehsil to make a safe escape, on Friday night.
“Based on the complaints of the villagers, the entire team of Dial 100 (responsible for patrolling in the village) has been suspended,” he said. The circle officer of Sahawan has been asked to conduct a probe into the alleged laxity of the police station in-charge of Sahaswan Police Station and other staff, Prakash said. Agitating villagers blocked the highway following which
senior officials of the district administration reached the spot. They were pacifying the villagers to call off their protest.
Meanwhile Azamgarh police has arrested main accused of 26 deaths due to spurious liquor in Raunapar area of the district. Superintendent of Police in Azamgarh, Ajay Sahani said that action on a tip-off, a tip police team nabbed Mulayam and his aide Pintu Yadav under Jiyanpur Kotwali area on Saturday morning. Police recovered two cars and 503 pouches of illegal liquor from them. Sahani said that liquor mafia Mulayam Yadav was accused of 2013 hooch tragedy also which had claimed 53 lives. In Mubaraqpur 26 persons were died after consuming poisonous liquor though the administration claimed that only 12 persons were killed.
- ‚ÄėAssault‚Äô on police driver: Action against Kerala ADGP 17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rain batters North-East, 17 die in flash floods, landslides 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Police visit rape accused Daati Maharaj's ashram 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Two arrested for attack on Dalit boy in Gujarat 17 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Owaisi rejects UN report on Kashmir, backs Modi Govt 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- No one can touch me till 2019 polls: Kumaraswamy 17 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- Karnataka Dy CM declines to confirm reports 17 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- AAP disassociates from Khaira's referendum remark 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- ‚ÄėPriest bobbitises himself over remarks against religious leaders' 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma to embark on seven-day trip to four European nations today 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jun 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
Uttarakhand Transport Corporation (UTC) would use 180 buses of its fleet on Dehradun and Haridwar routes to ferry the Yoga participants from Haridwar and also to take them back after the International Yoga Day show at Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Dehradun is over. Divisional manager (Operational) UTC Dehradun, Pawan Mehra while talking to The pioneer said on Wednesday that around 280 busses operate from Dehradun depot...