12-hr search finds body of woman killed by husband
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday.
After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal.
"Initially the accused Manoj was not able to identify the exact spot where he dumped the body but later on we finally traced the body." said Jatin Narwal, DCP North.
It was a love marriage, said police. “Komal worked in a bar in Gurgoan. However, soon after the marriage difference cropped up between the couple over several issues. Manoj decided to eliminate his wife and with an intention to murder her, he took her to Bonta Park. The unsuspecting Komal followed her husband. He strangulated her on Friday and then dumped the body between rocks in the Bonta Park and fled,” said officials.
When she didn’t turn up, the girl’s family approached police. A search operation was launched and Manoj was arrested.
Initially he denied of committing the crime. Later on he confessed to the crime and told police about the murder.
- N Korea blames US for tensions in rare UN talks 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rohingya crisis: Red Cross faced with ‚Äėreal challenge' 10 Dec 2017 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Saudi-led strike on Yemen TV station kills four: Houthis 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Gaza rocket hits Israeli town: Army 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Nepal Left alliance sweeps parliamentary poll 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Israel strikes kill two in Gaza as Trump rage 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- US draws flak over Jerusalem 10 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr Central aid 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Put country first, Rawat tells students 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brahmaputra turbidity level beyond permissible level 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
11 Dec 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha on Sunday condemned the alleged molestation of Bollywood actress Zaira Wasim by a co-passenger on board a Delhi-Mumbai flight. The Minister has assured a fair enquiry into the matter and suggested that the actress should get an FIR registered first so that the process of investigation could be started by the competent authorities...