- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Docs to cycle against medical commission Bill today
The doctors will now paddle on streets on Sunday participating in a “Cycle Rally” in order to express their dissonance with National Medical Commission (NMC) Bill, 2017. Organised under the aegis of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), the rally is meant to generate awareness among people about the alleged adverse consequences of the passage of NMC Bill. It is also seen as IMA’s effort to garner public support against the Bill.
The Cycle Rally is being facilitated through 1,725 branches of IMA located all over the nation. Following the exercise the doctors have planned a “Mahapanchayat” at Indira Gandhi Stadium on March 25 in which medical fraternity from all across the country will participate.
The IMA, which has been on a nationwide march from February 25 to deprecate the current form of the NMC Bill.
For which, IMA national president Dr Ravi Wankhedkar and its secretary general Dr RN Tandon, have embarked on a nationwide march ‘IMA Bharat Yatra’ from Kanyakumari and Kolkatta respectively on February 25 in order to deprecate the current form of the NMC Bill.
“The Bill, which has the potential to adversely alter the course of medical education and healthcare delivery in India, will also make irrevocable damage if passed in its current forms. Cutting across the party lines, members of Parliament has also showcased their concern and opposition to the Bill, which has now been referred to the standing committee. Opposing the proposed NMC, IMA has already started a march across India and will converge before the Doctors’ Mahapanchayat in New Delhi. Over 20,000 medical fraternities are expected at the venue.” said Dr Ravi Wankhedkar.
“According to the commission, the guidelines for framing and determining the fee structure for private medical institutes will be limited to 40 per cent. As the remaining 60 per cent of seats does not come under the guidelines shall be charging higher fee, this clause is paradoxical in nature and makes it pro-rich reservation system. If functional, this means that the present ratio of 15 per cent allotted to private and deemed universities for charging high fees stands augmented to the entire 60 per cent which itself is a real travesty of its kind,” said Dr RN Tandon.
- ‚ÄėAssault‚Äô on police driver: Action against Kerala ADGP 17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rain batters North-East, 17 die in flash floods, landslides 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Police visit rape accused Daati Maharaj's ashram 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Two arrested for attack on Dalit boy in Gujarat 17 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Owaisi rejects UN report on Kashmir, backs Modi Govt 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- No one can touch me till 2019 polls: Kumaraswamy 17 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- Karnataka Dy CM declines to confirm reports 17 Jun 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | in Sunday Pioneer
- AAP disassociates from Khaira's referendum remark 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- ‚ÄėPriest bobbitises himself over remarks against religious leaders' 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Sushma to embark on seven-day trip to four European nations today 17 Jun 2018 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...