- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh
- UK: Mallya trial to hear evidence from political expert
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple
- NY attack: Trump says urgent need to fix 'lax' immigration
- Three soldiers missing as avalanche hits forward post in J-K
Don admin introduces green card hurdle
US immigration authorities will soon require an in-person interview for certain applicants for green cards, a change that is likely to slow the process of obtaining one and may jam the already-backlogged visa application system, a media report said.
The new requirement, which was confirmed on Friday by a spokesman for the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), will apply to anyone moving from an employment-based visa to lawful permanent residency, Politico reported.
Visa holders who are family members of refugees or people who receive asylum will also be required to undergo an in-person interview when they apply for provisional status, a stage that precedes receiving a green card, according to USCIS.
The new policy will take effect from October 1, the report said. In fiscal year 2015, nearly 168,000 immigrants in these categories obtained lawful permanent residency, according to annual statistics from the Department of Homeland Security.
- N Korea blames US for tensions in rare UN talks 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Rohingya crisis: Red Cross faced with ‚Äėreal challenge' 10 Dec 2017 | IANS | in Sunday Pioneer
- Saudi-led strike on Yemen TV station kills four: Houthis 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Gaza rocket hits Israeli town: Army 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- Nepal Left alliance sweeps parliamentary poll 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Israel strikes kill two in Gaza as Trump rage 10 Dec 2017 | AFP | in Sunday Pioneer
- US draws flak over Jerusalem 10 Dec 2017 | S Rajagopalan | in Sunday Pioneer
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr Central aid 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Put country first, Rawat tells students 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
- Brahmaputra turbidity level beyond permissible level 10 Dec 2017 | PTI | in Sunday Pioneer
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
After revised notification by DOPT, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered the case in the 'sex CD' matter. According to official sources in Police Headquarters, the notification of the DOPT dated December 7 reached the PHQ on Monday...