17 housing projects along Yamuna E-way axed
Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) on Wednesday said it has cancelled 17 housing projects in its area.
The projects were scrapped after it came to light that the five builders had not cleared some objections raised by the Authority regarding the building plans between 2014 and 2016. While 11 projects belong to the Jaypee group, other six projects are those of local developers of the region.
According to YEIDA officials, the Jaypee group was given land in lieu of the Yamuna Expressway project between Greater Noida and Agra, and in keeping with a concessionaire agreement the other builders have been allotted land for group housing projects in the YEIDA areas.
“The Jaypee group was to construct buildings in sectors 22B, C, 25 and 19,” said Arunvir Singh, CEO, YEIDA.
“The builder was to construct residential units on some parts of land and commercial pockets in other areas. Though we approved the layout plan of 11 projects, our planning department raised some objections in the building plans of the projects. These objections were to be addressed by the builder and plans should have been re-submitted for approval. However, this was not done. This came to light now and we have cancelled the building plans,” Singh explained.
He said the problem was the same in the case of the other five builders. “They have also failed to address the objections raised by us. These projects are located in sectors 19, 25, 22A and 22D. No construction has been
carried out in any of the projects,” he said.
Last week, YEIDA cancelled the building plans of five other projects of the Jaypee group for ignoring similar objections raised by the Authority. The developer had through a press note on April 10, 2017 maintained that “the projects were launched only after obtaining the requisite approvals from statutory authorities as per the extant guidelines of that time.”
- Path-breaking initiative does the trick for Eastern Peripheral E-way 26 Apr 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- DMRC hikes parking rates by up to 67% 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Didn‚Äôt order Aadhaar-SIM link, Govt circular wrong, says SC 26 Apr 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Hut to Rs 10k-cr-empire ride ends behind bars 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- T-Andhra Guv‚Äôs move kicks up political storm 26 Apr 2018 | Omer Farooq
- No Aasha for Asaram 26 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Man who planned to kill Advani held as plot to murder Modi goes viral 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- SC bans construction in 1,797 unauthorised colonies in Delhi 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Parliament not immune to casting couch, says Renuka Chowdhury 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Call to reject Opp bid to oust CJI timely, not hasty: V-P 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...