17 housing projects along Yamuna E-way axed
Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) on Wednesday said it has cancelled 17 housing projects in its area.
The projects were scrapped after it came to light that the five builders had not cleared some objections raised by the Authority regarding the building plans between 2014 and 2016. While 11 projects belong to the Jaypee group, other six projects are those of local developers of the region.
According to YEIDA officials, the Jaypee group was given land in lieu of the Yamuna Expressway project between Greater Noida and Agra, and in keeping with a concessionaire agreement the other builders have been allotted land for group housing projects in the YEIDA areas.
“The Jaypee group was to construct buildings in sectors 22B, C, 25 and 19,” said Arunvir Singh, CEO, YEIDA.
“The builder was to construct residential units on some parts of land and commercial pockets in other areas. Though we approved the layout plan of 11 projects, our planning department raised some objections in the building plans of the projects. These objections were to be addressed by the builder and plans should have been re-submitted for approval. However, this was not done. This came to light now and we have cancelled the building plans,” Singh explained.
He said the problem was the same in the case of the other five builders. “They have also failed to address the objections raised by us. These projects are located in sectors 19, 25, 22A and 22D. No construction has been
carried out in any of the projects,” he said.
Last week, YEIDA cancelled the building plans of five other projects of the Jaypee group for ignoring similar objections raised by the Authority. The developer had through a press note on April 10, 2017 maintained that “the projects were launched only after obtaining the requisite approvals from statutory authorities as per the extant guidelines of that time.”
- TRAI rate cut animates Jio, decimates incumbents: Analysts 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- CBI books retd Orissa HC judge for MCI scam 21 Sep 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- HC raps Didi for communalising idol immersion 21 Sep 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- HC stays EPS‚Äô floor test till Oct 4 hearing 21 Sep 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- SC orders Unitech to pay Rs 80k to each homebuyer for agony 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Houses for poor in 7 days! Govt to import 3D tech 21 Sep 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- GDP stimulants ready: Jaitley 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Congestion charge set to hit road 20 Sep 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- US Def firms for Make-in-India windfall sans tech transfer 20 Sep 2017 | Agencies
- Family fined Rs 75K for defecating in open in MP village 20 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
With the objective to create awareness among the budding football stars of the Capital City and to motivate the footballers of the U/17 age group, Delhi Public School in association with Hermes Voyage Kolkata will host its first ever Inter School Football Tournament: ‘Ranchi Cup-2017’. The tournament will be organised on the campus premises on September 21 and September 22...