17 housing projects along Yamuna E-way axed
Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) on Wednesday said it has cancelled 17 housing projects in its area.
The projects were scrapped after it came to light that the five builders had not cleared some objections raised by the Authority regarding the building plans between 2014 and 2016. While 11 projects belong to the Jaypee group, other six projects are those of local developers of the region.
According to YEIDA officials, the Jaypee group was given land in lieu of the Yamuna Expressway project between Greater Noida and Agra, and in keeping with a concessionaire agreement the other builders have been allotted land for group housing projects in the YEIDA areas.
“The Jaypee group was to construct buildings in sectors 22B, C, 25 and 19,” said Arunvir Singh, CEO, YEIDA.
“The builder was to construct residential units on some parts of land and commercial pockets in other areas. Though we approved the layout plan of 11 projects, our planning department raised some objections in the building plans of the projects. These objections were to be addressed by the builder and plans should have been re-submitted for approval. However, this was not done. This came to light now and we have cancelled the building plans,” Singh explained.
He said the problem was the same in the case of the other five builders. “They have also failed to address the objections raised by us. These projects are located in sectors 19, 25, 22A and 22D. No construction has been
carried out in any of the projects,” he said.
Last week, YEIDA cancelled the building plans of five other projects of the Jaypee group for ignoring similar objections raised by the Authority. The developer had through a press note on April 10, 2017 maintained that “the projects were launched only after obtaining the requisite approvals from statutory authorities as per the extant guidelines of that time.”
- TMC, Tamil Nadu Opp slam Centre 28 May 2017 | PNS
- Have a beef with Centre over ban: Kerala 28 May 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Sunanda murder: Police form team to file report on hotel Leela’s plea 28 May 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- India signs maritime pact with Mauritius 28 May 2017 | Vineeta Pandey
- Natural gas business running out of steam 28 May 2017 | Madhusudan Sahoo
- Wani’s successor shot, one protester killed 28 May 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- 10 ultras killed in 24 hrs 28 May 2017 | PNS
- Terrorists use house of God for evil 28 May 2017 | Rahul Datta/Mohit Kandhari
- If Europe is to survive, it must root out jehadism 28 May 2017 | Swapan Dasgupta
- Govt keeps pet breeders, mills on tight leash 27 May 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
28 May 2017 | Omer Farooq | Hyderabad
The love marriage of an Upper Caste girl with a lower caste boy has ended in a grisly tragedy. As the girl ended her life due to harassment of her family, police have arrested her father T Srinivas Reddy on the charges of murdering his son-in-law Amboji Naresh...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 May 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI/ PARVINDER BHATIA/ ASHIS SINHA | Ranchi/ Jamshedpur/ Bokaro
Harsh Shah of DAV Public School, Pundag, grabbed the first position in the State in science stream by scoring 97.8 per cent marks in the All India Senior Secondary School Certificate Exam (AISSSCE) results declared on Sunday...