- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
4 Pak terror mercenaries killed in J&K
Four heavily armed foreign terrorists, who had recently infiltrated from across the Line of Control, were neutralised by a joint team of Indian security forces in Sunderbani area of Rajouri on Wednesday. The terrorists were dressed in combat fatigue.
in Sunderbani, Brigade Commander of Kalidhar Brigade said “a group of heavily armed terrorists opened heavy fire on army troops around 7.30 am in Sunderbani area on Wednesday”.
This was the second major attempted strike by foreign terrorists in Jammu region after the fidayeen strike inside Sunjwan Army camp in Jammu on February 10.
The joint team of security forces, including jawans of CRPF, BSF and the Special Operations Group (SOG) of the State Police had launched a massive combing and search operations in the area on the basis of specific intelligence reports regarding the presence of heavily armed infiltrators.
According to the senior Army officer, a fierce fire fight ensued in the thickly forested area of Sunderbani after the first contact was established.
“In the fire fight the four foreign terrorists were neutralised. Four AK-47 rifles, ammunition and war like stores, including Improvised explosive devices (IED’s) were recovered from them”, Brigade commander of Kalidhar brigade told reporters.
Congratulating jawans of the security forces Director General of J&K police Dr SP Vaid in a tweet said, “the group of terrorists neutralised in Sunderbani had recently infiltrated from LoC”.
During the day-long operation which lasted over eight hours none of the jawans of the Indian security forces received any injury.
Spokesman of the Udhampur based Northern Command headquarters Col NN Joshi said the joint teams of security forces were still carrying out sanitisation operations in the general area of Sunderbani.
The terrorists were planning to strike vital security installations of central para military forces in the area.
While the gun fight was going on the district administration had announced closure of local educational institutions. On the other hand, a group of students appearing for their 10 th class examination remained inside Kendriya Vidalya and completed their examination without showing any signs of panic.
High alert was also sounded in the general area and traffic movement on the Jammu-Rajouri road was restricted during the operation.
- KMP Expressway: Rukawat ke liye khed hai 24 Apr 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- AFSPA revoked in Meghalaya, part of Arunachal 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- RoadWatch app saving wildlife from deathtraps 24 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- ...soon after, judges confront CJI over Govt sitting on appointments 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- BSY‚Äôs son won‚Äôt contest against Siddaramaiah Jr 24 Apr 2018 | Kestur Vasuki
- V-P junks CJI impeachment notice 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Connecting India: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 23 Apr 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- At CPM helm again, Yechury vows to stop communalism 23 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Tackling youth radicalisation key security concern in J&K 23 Apr 2018 | Rahul Datta
- Vertical gardens get PMO push to curb city pollution 23 Apr 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...