- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Bihar babu’s bribes prove jewel in wife’s crown
A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
“We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...,” an EOU official said. Two days ago, a team conducted a search operation at Yadav’s residence in Patna and other places.
“EOU found total gold ornaments weighing around 1.5 kg worth Rs38 lakh,” an official said. Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees. “He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg,” an official said.
According to officials, Yadav’s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
MORE Today's Newspaper NEWS
- Govt reassures cardholders 21 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Rita dons saffron, says no alternative to BJP 21 Oct 2016 | PNS
- JNU V-C leaves office after 24-hour siege 21 Oct 2016 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Panic in Delhi as ‘bird flu’ kills eight, Deer Park too shut 21 Oct 2016 | Sapna Singh
- Kanchenjunga on eco-tourism map 21 Oct 2016 | Archana Jyoti
- Rajnath gives Ae Dil Hai Mushkil fresh heart 21 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Akhilesh’s separate game plan 20 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Imran’s ‘Occupy Islamabad’ freaks out Chinese envoy 20 Oct 2016 | Agencies
- Acid test for Karva Chauth! 20 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
- 4-year-old girl falls into open septic tank in school, dies 20 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter
21 Oct 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
A day after announcing to defy the party and launch the poll campaign from November 3, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has asked his supporters to keep off from the SP first family’s dispute and refrain from shooting letters to the party chief or issuing statements. Yadav on Thursday said, ``No leader party should either issue statements in my favour or write to party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav or any other leader...
Unlike Hillary Clinton, who's gotten very rich being a politician, peddling American influence, my father (Donald Trump) hasn't.
We are not entertainers. Classical musicians are not entertainers. We take the legacy of classical music forward.
Having Guru Dutt as a cousin, was a great advantage. It was a kind of goal. Because he was a film director, I could also be one.