- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Bihar babu’s bribes prove jewel in wife’s crown
A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
“We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...,” an EOU official said. Two days ago, a team conducted a search operation at Yadav’s residence in Patna and other places.
“EOU found total gold ornaments weighing around 1.5 kg worth Rs38 lakh,” an official said. Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees. “He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg,” an official said.
According to officials, Yadav’s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
MORE Today's Newspaper NEWS
- Heated debate kicks off Winter Session 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Constitution’s ideals under threat: Cong 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Whopping Rs 22.5-cr heist rocks Delhi 27 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter
- Jamia invites Modi to be chief guest at convocation 27 Nov 2015 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Nitish shocks Bihar with booze ban from April 1 27 Nov 2015 | Faizan Ahmad
- NDA, Opp chill thaws before Winter Session 26 Nov 2015 | Deepak K Upreti
- Day after, protests spur Aamir into clarification 26 Nov 2015 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Snapdeal clears air, says star spoke in personal capacity 26 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Rahul scores self goal in session with students 26 Nov 2015 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Army thwarts JeM strike on camp 26 Nov 2015 | Khursheed Wani
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
27 Nov 2015 | PNS | Ranchi
The first-ever Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman launched by JSPL foundation to recognise talent at the grassroots level, has garnered 358 entries from across the country. Maharashtra topped the list with 41, followed by Jharkhand at 40, Odisha at 39 and Delhi with 30...
Aamir has played the role of a patriot in many films, but he failed to make his wife understand about love for the country. SP chief’s
People usually deteriorate with age but she (Shilpa Shetty) is becoming beautiful. Everyone will look bad before her.
Debates, disputes and dialogues are the soul of Parliament. For other things, the entire country is available as an arena.