- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Bihar babu’s bribes prove jewel in wife’s crown
A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
“We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...,” an EOU official said. Two days ago, a team conducted a search operation at Yadav’s residence in Patna and other places.
“EOU found total gold ornaments weighing around 1.5 kg worth Rs38 lakh,” an official said. Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees. “He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg,” an official said.
According to officials, Yadav’s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
MORE Today's Newspaper NEWS
- No more pellet guns, so chill(i)! 26 Aug 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- CM: Attacker had not gone to Army camp to buy toffee 26 Aug 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- Stung India asks France to probe Scorpene leak 26 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Nirbhaya gangrape convict tries to hang self 26 Aug 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Defiance of SC hits new height; 128 Govindas hurt 26 Aug 2016 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Raga flip-flops on RSS again, says he stands by every word 26 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Hospital’s apathy forces tribal to carry wife’s body on shoulder for 10 km 26 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Marxist killer squad hacks RSS men 26 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Scorpene stings, India anguished 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Only sanskari surrogacy allowed, says draft Bill 25 Aug 2016 | Pioneer News Service
26 Aug 2016 | PNS | MAHANGA
In the wake of repeated instances of relatives carrying dead family members’ bodies on shoulder, trolley in shocking manners either due to poverty or Government inaction, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched a new initiative, Mahaparayan, offering free transportation of bodies from Government hospitals to the residences of the deceased here at Bajapur. The scheme was launched just a day after a man carried his wife’s body on his shoulders...
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.