- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Bihar babu’s bribes prove jewel in wife’s crown
A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
“We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...,” an EOU official said. Two days ago, a team conducted a search operation at Yadav’s residence in Patna and other places.
“EOU found total gold ornaments weighing around 1.5 kg worth Rs38 lakh,” an official said. Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees. “He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg,” an official said.
According to officials, Yadav’s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
MORE Today's Newspaper NEWS
- Modi pledges to change Bundelkhand’s destiny 21 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Stop endorsing ‘donkeys’ of Guj: Akhilesh to Big B 21 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Maya takes anti-Dalit pun on PM’s name 21 Feb 2017 | PNS
- CBI books ex-chief AP Singh for conniving with Moin Qureshi 21 Feb 2017 | PNS
- No more war games with Pak: Russia 21 Feb 2017 | Vineeta Pandey
- Wedding thieves masked in beauty, English, etiquette 21 Feb 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- ‘Big Ben’ tops IPL auctions, unsung Indians hit pay dirt 21 Feb 2017 | PNS
- If electricity comes in Ramzan, why not on Diwali?, asks Modi 20 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Onion likely to move you to tears this year 20 Feb 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- People will take revenge for note ban: RaGa, Akhilesh 20 Feb 2017 | PTI
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
21 Feb 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Political rhetoric touched a new low in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh with Samajwadi Party chief and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asking mega star Amitabh Bacchan `to stop appearing in the advertisement promoting donkeys of Gujarat’. Yadav was speaking at an election rally at Rae Bareli on Monday...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.