- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Bihar babu’s bribes prove jewel in wife’s crown
A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
“We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...,” an EOU official said. Two days ago, a team conducted a search operation at Yadav’s residence in Patna and other places.
“EOU found total gold ornaments weighing around 1.5 kg worth Rs38 lakh,” an official said. Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees. “He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg,” an official said.
According to officials, Yadav’s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
MORE Today's Newspaper NEWS
- Abandon Kashmir dream, Sushma tells Pak 27 Sep 2016 | S Rajagopalan
- Blood, water can’t flow together:PM 27 Sep 2016 | Vineeta Pandey
- ISI recruiting Pakhtuns to silence POK dissenters 27 Sep 2016 | Rakesh K Singh
- Miffed SC gives 48 hrs to Shahabuddin for reply on plea against his bail 27 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Six wanted JMB terrorists nabbed 27 Sep 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- This contractual job is real killer 27 Sep 2016 | Pramod Kumar Singh/Souvik MItra
- Nobody pariah for BJP, asserts Modi 26 Sep 2016 | PNS
- India to ratify Paris climate deal on Gandhi’s birthday 26 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Valley calls terrorists’ bluff; 25k youths vie for J&K SPO posts 26 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Farming to entrepreneurship, women break glass ceiling 26 Sep 2016 | PNS
27 Sep 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav expanded his cabinet on Monday for the eighth time since assuming office in March 2012, sipposedly for the last time before 2017 Assembly polls. Ten ministers, including Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, Manoj Pandey and Shivakant Ojha, earlier sacked by the CM were sworn in by Governor Ram Naik at function at Raj Bhavan on Monday...
Those who think they can keep Pakistan together by attacking other cultures with jihadist extremism, should visit Dhaka.
The Hindu community has made fantastic contributions to world civilisation and to American culture.
If it wasn't for Arnold Palmer, golf wouldn't be as popular as it is now. He was the one who brought it to the forefront.