Bihar babu’s bribes prove jewel in wife’s crown
A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
“We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...,” an EOU official said. Two days ago, a team conducted a search operation at Yadav’s residence in Patna and other places.
“EOU found total gold ornaments weighing around 1.5 kg worth Rs38 lakh,” an official said. Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees. “He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg,” an official said.
According to officials, Yadav’s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
- IGIA maalkhana head struck gold with replicas 25 May 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- Saharanpur clash: Yogi suspends SSP, DM 25 May 2017 | PNS
- Grisly ‘matricide’ sends shock waves in Mumbai 25 May 2017 | TN Raghunatha
- 2-decade-old FIPB scrapped 25 May 2017 | PNS
- Underemployment a major concern for NITI Aayog 25 May 2017 | Amit Goyal
- 400 benami deals exposed, IT attaches Rs 600-cr assets 25 May 2017 | PTI
- CBI summons Karti; I-T to grill Misa, husband 25 May 2017 | PTI
- US to revive projects to counteract China OBOR 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Army demolishes Pakistan’s claim of hitting posts 25 May 2017 | PNS/PTI
- US cuts Pak military aid by 60% 25 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Reacting strongly to failure of the police to control caste clash in Saharanpur, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday suspended both District Magistrate, NP Singh and SSP Subhash Chandra Dubey, while the Divisional Commissioner and the range DIG have been removed. According to Principal Secretary (Information), Avinish Awasthi, PK Pande will be new DM of Saharanpur and SSP Muzaffarnagar, Babloo Kumar, has been posted as new district police chief of...