- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Bihar babu’s bribes prove jewel in wife’s crown
A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
“We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...,” an EOU official said. Two days ago, a team conducted a search operation at Yadav’s residence in Patna and other places.
“EOU found total gold ornaments weighing around 1.5 kg worth Rs38 lakh,” an official said. Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees. “He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg,” an official said.
According to officials, Yadav’s ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts.
MORE Today's Newspaper NEWS
- Ghar wapsi of Indians in distress 24 Jul 2016 | Vineeta Pandey
- ISIS kills 80 Hazaras in Kabul 24 Jul 2016 | AFP
- 20 ships, 10 jets scouring Bay of Bengal for plane 24 Jul 2016 | PNS
- IAS aspirant killed elderly to ‘avenge’ sexual exploitation 24 Jul 2016 | Souvik Mitra
- Probe digs out Naik’s nefarious designs 24 Jul 2016 | Rakesh K Singh
- ISIS recruiter held in Kalyan 24 Jul 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- MPs united against Mann, seek action 23 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Adarsh building gets SC shield against bulldozer 23 Jul 2016 | PNS
- Modi exhorts youth to pick development over casteism 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Kabali wala triggers mad rush to cinemas 23 Jul 2016 | Kumar Chellappan
24 Jul 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
On the defensive for the last two days over profane remarks by sacked vice-president Dayashanker Singh against BSP chief Mayawati, the BJP upped its ante on Saturday by demonstrating across UP against foul language used by protesting BSP leaders against Singh’s wife and minor daughter. In Lucknow, BJP workers fought a pitched battle with the police when they were stopped by the men in uniform from taking out a protest march...
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.