BJP Govt will make UP Uttam Pradesh: Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the new Government in Uttar Pradesh led by Yogi Adityanath will make UP an “Uttam Pradesh”. “I have immense confidence that this new team (led by Adityanath) will leave no stone unturned in making UP Uttam Pradesh (foremost state). There will be record development,” Modi said.
Modi, while noting that the BJP had formed the Government in four out of five States that went to the polls recently, said, “Our unwavering efforts to create a ‘Bhavya’ (great) & ‘Divya’ (brilliant) Bharat (India) continue. India’s Jan Shakti is powering the rise of a new and transformed India.”
In a series of tweets just after attending the swearing-in ceremony of Adityanath and his Council of Ministers in Lucknow, the Prime Minister expressed confidence that the new Government will work for “record development” for Uttar Pradesh.
“Congratulations to Yogi Adityanath Ji, Keshav Prasad Maurya Ji, Dinesh Sharma Ji & all those who took oath today. Best wishes for serving UP,” he tweeted.
“Our sole mission & motive is development. When UP develops, India develops. We want to serve UP’s youth & create opportunities for them,” Modi added.
In another tweet, the Prime Minister said, “With the blessings of people & hardwork of our Karyakartas the BJP has formed Governments in four out of the five States that went to the polls.”
- Srikanth lifts Australian Open Super Series 26 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Undeclared Emergency’: What is that? 26 Jun 2017 | Arun Jaitley
- Elderly refunds subsidy on ticket; Rlys hopes others will ease burden 26 Jun 2017 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- Sushma’s blast from past video exposes Meira’s bias as Speaker 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- DPS Srinagar siege ends: 2 ultras shot 26 Jun 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- 4 of Delhi family among 7 die as Gulmarg ropeway cabin falls 26 Jun 2017 | PNS/Staff reporter
- US lawmakers ask Trump to press Modi to remove trade barriers 26 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- Rajasthan LEDs way in saving power, money 26 Jun 2017 | M Madhusudan
- Trump calls Modi ‘true friend’ 26 Jun 2017 | Agencies
- Book on democracy’s darkest hour released 25 Jun 2017 | NAYAN DAVE
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jun 2017 | PNS | Nainital
The Shipra river which flows towards the north, contrary to most rivers, has been degenerated into a sewer with garbage being dumped in the river apart from the sewer. After concerned locals cleaned up the riverbed despite apathy of the local body, the district administration has taken cognisance of the issue and directed action against those polluting this river...