BJP Govt will make UP Uttam Pradesh: Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the new Government in Uttar Pradesh led by Yogi Adityanath will make UP an “Uttam Pradesh”. “I have immense confidence that this new team (led by Adityanath) will leave no stone unturned in making UP Uttam Pradesh (foremost state). There will be record development,” Modi said.
Modi, while noting that the BJP had formed the Government in four out of five States that went to the polls recently, said, “Our unwavering efforts to create a ‘Bhavya’ (great) & ‘Divya’ (brilliant) Bharat (India) continue. India’s Jan Shakti is powering the rise of a new and transformed India.”
In a series of tweets just after attending the swearing-in ceremony of Adityanath and his Council of Ministers in Lucknow, the Prime Minister expressed confidence that the new Government will work for “record development” for Uttar Pradesh.
“Congratulations to Yogi Adityanath Ji, Keshav Prasad Maurya Ji, Dinesh Sharma Ji & all those who took oath today. Best wishes for serving UP,” he tweeted.
“Our sole mission & motive is development. When UP develops, India develops. We want to serve UP’s youth & create opportunities for them,” Modi added.
In another tweet, the Prime Minister said, “With the blessings of people & hardwork of our Karyakartas the BJP has formed Governments in four out of the five States that went to the polls.”
- An ultimate triumph after long, arduous struggle 23 Aug 2017 | Ishan Joshi
- Don ticks off Pak for terror haven 23 Aug 2017 | S Rajagopalan / PNS
- Pro-Dinakaran MLAs try to upset EPS apple cart 23 Aug 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Personal Board‚Äôs future plan on Sept 10 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Need for consummation of marriage to remarry, polygamy next in line 23 Aug 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- CJI hogs 393-p order, but in minority 23 Aug 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- Triple talaq is now history 23 Aug 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- Rly Board set for overhaul after train tragedy in Muzaffarnagar 22 Aug 2017 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- McDonald‚Äôs closing all outlets in north, east India 22 Aug 2017 | PNS
- House panel rejects corporate-style appraisal for babus 22 Aug 2017 | J Gopikrishnan
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Aug 2017 | PNS | Jamshedpur
In a shocking case of negligence, a 17-year-old minor girl delivered a child on the road, nearly 30 meters from the Chandil community health center, in neighbouring Seraikel-Kharsawan, on Tuesday morning. According to reports, despite request there was delay in sending of ambulance for the girl who was crying in pain and delivered a girl child on the road and was later carried on an auto-rickshaw to the hospital...