- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BJP Govt will make UP Uttam Pradesh: Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the new Government in Uttar Pradesh led by Yogi Adityanath will make UP an “Uttam Pradesh”. “I have immense confidence that this new team (led by Adityanath) will leave no stone unturned in making UP Uttam Pradesh (foremost state). There will be record development,” Modi said.
Modi, while noting that the BJP had formed the Government in four out of five States that went to the polls recently, said, “Our unwavering efforts to create a ‘Bhavya’ (great) & ‘Divya’ (brilliant) Bharat (India) continue. India’s Jan Shakti is powering the rise of a new and transformed India.”
In a series of tweets just after attending the swearing-in ceremony of Adityanath and his Council of Ministers in Lucknow, the Prime Minister expressed confidence that the new Government will work for “record development” for Uttar Pradesh.
“Congratulations to Yogi Adityanath Ji, Keshav Prasad Maurya Ji, Dinesh Sharma Ji & all those who took oath today. Best wishes for serving UP,” he tweeted.
“Our sole mission & motive is development. When UP develops, India develops. We want to serve UP’s youth & create opportunities for them,” Modi added.
In another tweet, the Prime Minister said, “With the blessings of people & hardwork of our Karyakartas the BJP has formed Governments in four out of the five States that went to the polls.”
- Airlines ground Sena MP 25 Mar 2017 | PNS
- BS IV rollout to cost dealers 8.8 L vehicles 25 Mar 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- Techie mom, son found murdered in New Jersey 25 Mar 2017 | Agencies/PNS
- Renowned pulmonologist R Guleria to head AIIMS 25 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Rivalry over satta racket leads to shootout in E Delhi 25 Mar 2017 | Staff Reporter
- UK certifies India’s request for Vijay Mallya’s extradition 25 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Mid-Day Meal: 3 cr kids go hungry as funds lie unspent 24 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Pak indulges in Warmongering 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- ISIS claims London attack 24 Mar 2017 | Agencies
- ‘Hat’ for Sasikala, OPS gets ‘power pole’ 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Singh
Is the marginalisation of the two caste-based parties in Uttar Pradesh a harbinger of change — from identity politics to the politics of development? If we take the 2014 and 2017 elections together, that does seem to be the suggestion, writes RAJESH SINGH Understanding an election result as monumental as that of Uttar Pradesh is akin to unravelling a deep thriller plot. The why, when, where, how and what — this...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Mar 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Adityanath Yogi carried out a minor reshuffle in five ministers on Friday. A government spokesman said that Labour minister Swamy Prasad Maurya has been given additional charge of Co-ordination ministry while he has been divested of Urban employment and poverty alleviation and the charge of these ministries have been given to Urban Development minister Suresh Khanna...