BJP to decide V-P nominee today
The BJP parliamentary board will meet here on Monday to pick the ruling NDA’s vice-presidential candiadate. The meeting is expected to be held in evening, soon after the presidential election.
July 18 is the last date for filing of nominations and poll is scheduled for August 5. The electoral college consists of 790 MPs of the two chambers of Parliament. The ruling bloc enjoys an overwhelming majority in the electoral college and the BJP has expressed confidence about garnering anywhere between 500 and 550 votes.
- Rs 19,000 crore black money of 700 Indians found abroad 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Fake Chinese parts in Bofors! CBI lodges FIR 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- SC agrees to hear Ayodhya dispute early 22 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Cong‚Äôs Gujarat pillar falls 22 Jul 2017 | NAYAN DAVE
- Vijay turns 10, zoo throws birthday bash 21 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Don‚Äôt politicise lynching: Jaitley to Opp 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Consent for Aadhaar is not surrender of citizens‚Äô privacy: SC 21 Jul 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- withdraw troops, reiterates Beijing 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Indian troops must be captured or killed: Ex-Chinese diplomat 21 Jul 2017 | IANS
- India sends message loud and clear to China 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
To review the outcome of the ten-day cooperative conference/workshop, the Minister of State for cooperative Dr Dhan Singh Rawat convened a meeting on Friday in course of which he also assessed the preparation of Prime Minister insurance scheme for college students, slated to start on August 1. During the meeting, the officials apprised that they had organised workshops at 608 places across the State in which 2...