- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
Cabinet clears 4 GST Bills to go ahead with July 1 rollout
Pushing India’s biggest tax reforms at a faster pace, the Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday approved four legislations — Central GST Bill, the Integrated GST Bill, the Union Territory GST Bill and the GST (Compensation to the States) Bill — with an aim to meet the July-1 deadline. The Bills will be tabled in Parliament this week.
The GST Council has already approved four-tier tax slabs of 5, 12, 18 and 28 per cent plus an additional cess on demerit goods like luxury cars, aerated drinks and tobacco products.
However, the Bills on compensating States for loss of revenue from GST rollout in first five years as well as those enabling levy of the new tax on intra/inter-State movement of goods and services will be brought in the on-going session of Parliament later this week.
- KMP Expressway: Rukawat ke liye khed hai 24 Apr 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- AFSPA revoked in Meghalaya, part of Arunachal 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- RoadWatch app saving wildlife from deathtraps 24 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- ...soon after, judges confront CJI over Govt sitting on appointments 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- BSY‚Äôs son won‚Äôt contest against Siddaramaiah Jr 24 Apr 2018 | Kestur Vasuki
- V-P junks CJI impeachment notice 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Connecting India: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 23 Apr 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- At CPM helm again, Yechury vows to stop communalism 23 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Tackling youth radicalisation key security concern in J&K 23 Apr 2018 | Rahul Datta
- Vertical gardens get PMO push to curb city pollution 23 Apr 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...