- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Defending Champions crumble before Pak
An inspired Pakistan hammered a blundering India by 180 runs to lift the ICC Champions Trophy, riding on a scintillating hundred from rookie opener Fakhar Zaman and a sensational bowling spell from Mohammad Amir.
This is Pakistan’s first ICC title triumph since their 2009 World Twenty20 win but more importantly it broke the jinx of not performing against India in big ticket matches.
It was a charged-up performance from Sarfraz Ahmed’s underdog team with left-handed opener Zaman, after a lucky reprieve, scoring a pulsating 114 in their imposing 338 for 4.
Amir (6-2-16-3) then tormented the Indian batsmen with a devastating first spell and eventually the defending champions were bundled out for 158 in only 30.3 overs.
Rohit Sharma (0), Shikhar Dhawan (21) and Virat Kohli (5) were snuffed out by Amir in a devastating first spell with three brilliant deliveries. The fate of the match was sealed.
Hardik Pandya smashed 76 off 43 balls, hit half a dozen of sixes to provide some entertainment, before being run-out due to a horrible mix-up with Jadeja. Pandya was livid but he was only delaying the inevitable.
As the final wicket fell, Oval, immersed in a ‘Sea of Green’, was euphoric in its celebration along with those eleven on the field.
- SC wants to know fate of seized old notes 25 Sep 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- Independents hold key to G‚Äôgram municipality 25 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- IMEI number tampering can land you behind bars! 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 3 infiltrators shot in J&K op 25 Sep 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Boiling BHU shut after cops beat girl students 25 Sep 2017 | Ramesh K Singh/PNS
- Pak shoots itself in foot at UN 25 Sep 2017 | S Rajagopalan
- Forced by Sasikala, we all lied Amma was fine, divulges TN Minister 24 Sep 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Senior journalist KJ Singh, mother found murdered in Mohali home 24 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Country first, votes later; anti-graft fight will continue: Modi 24 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Nurse dragged into bushes along NH 58 in Gzb, gangraped 24 Sep 2017 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...