Euphoria grips India vs Pakistan final, TV ad rates surge 10 fold
As Virat Kohli’s men take on Pakistan in the final of the Champion’s Trophy on Sunday, apart from a millions of cricket lovers, betting syndicates and TV channels are equally excited. TV advertisement rates during the cricket match, its promos, and highlights are reported to be five to ten times more than normal; while the betting syndicate is dealing with Rs2,000 crore booty for the match.
Gambling is legal in London, where the match is taking place. Indians can place bets through UK websites by using their international credit cards and e-wallets. For the bookies, India is a clear favourite, but an upset is not ruled out altogether. Look at the odds: A bet of Rs100 on India will fetch Rs147 if Virat Kohli’s team wins. On the other hand, if Pakistan wins, a Rs100 bet will bring in Rs200.
“India v Pakistan Final... !!!!!!!! All TV execs around the world are now cracking a nice bottle open to celebrate,” tweeted former England captain Michael Vaughan.
Apart from betting on the outcome of the match, one can also bet on 10-over score by each team and total scores by both teams.
With fans expected to remain glued to their TV sets, reports said that Star Sports is charging Rs1 crore for a 30-second spot during the final.
Some of the major advertisers who have booked ad sports in advance are: Nissan Motor, Intel Corp, Emirates, Chinese mobile maker Oppo and MRF.
Meanwhile, the police busted betting rackets in several parts of India, arresting 11 people in Prakasam and Nellore districts of Andhra Pradesh on Saturday. Similarly, the police arrested five people and seized over Rs7 lakh in Berhmapur in Odisha during a crackdown operation.
Apart from over Rs7 lakh cash, 10 mobile phones, calculators, notebooks and other materials were seized from the five arrested persons, said sub divisional police officer (SDPO), Berhampur, Shantanu Das.
- English Hons tops DU aspirants‚Äô choice 20 May 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Every stone a youth picks destabilises Valley: Modi 20 May 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Kumaraswamy to take oath as CM on May 23 20 May 2018 | PNS
- Rahul calls PM corrupt, demands Vala‚Äôs head 20 May 2018 | PNS
- BSY resigns before trust as his confidence wanes by evening 20 May 2018 | Kestur Vasuki
- How Congress weaved its magic 20 May 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- Blame Cong for installing 3rd ranker JD(S) in power 20 May 2018 | Swapan Dasgupta
- Delhi to fell Vilayti Kikar for desi ones 19 May 2018 | Sapna Singh
- Pak at it again, kills 5 on Modi visit eve 19 May 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
- Police question Kejriwal for 3.5 hrs 19 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 May 2018 | Ashis Sinha | Bokaro
More than dozens of the trains were affected after a traffic block conducted by railway on Bokaro-Kotshila rail block on Saturday. The traffic block was conducted to eliminate two unmanned railway crossing between Bokaro and Kotshila and to construct limited height subway there, informed S K Srivastava DRM Adra Division...