- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Few Indian deposits in Swiss banks: Body
Indians have “few deposits” in Swiss banks compared to other global financial hubs like Singapore and Hong Kong said a grouping of private bankers in Switzerland on Sunday amid stepped-up efforts to check the black money menace.
Money held by Indians in Swiss banks declined to a record low of 1.2 billion franc (about Rs8,392 crore) at the end of 2015, as per the latest available official data. However, no official data is available for money in other global hubs.
Committing itself to the global framework for automatic exchange of tax information, Switzerland last week ratified the decision to implement this regime with India and 40 other jurisdictions.
The framework for automatic exchange of information requires strict adherence to data confidentiality, but the Geneva-based Association of Swiss Private Banks said it has no particular concern over India, where the rule of law seems to be properly upheld.
“There are also rather few deposits of Indian residents in Switzerland, as opposed to Singapore or Hong Kong for instance,” the association’s manager Jan Langlo told PTI from Geneva.
When asked about trends in terms of deposits from Indian residents, Langlo said it has not noticed any particular trend.
- SC wants to know fate of seized old notes 25 Sep 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- Independents hold key to G‚Äôgram municipality 25 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- IMEI number tampering can land you behind bars! 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 3 infiltrators shot in J&K op 25 Sep 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Boiling BHU shut after cops beat girl students 25 Sep 2017 | Ramesh K Singh/PNS
- Pak shoots itself in foot at UN 25 Sep 2017 | S Rajagopalan
- Forced by Sasikala, we all lied Amma was fine, divulges TN Minister 24 Sep 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Senior journalist KJ Singh, mother found murdered in Mohali home 24 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Country first, votes later; anti-graft fight will continue: Modi 24 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Nurse dragged into bushes along NH 58 in Gzb, gangraped 24 Sep 2017 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...