India maul Pak 7-1 in Hockey World League Semi-Final
A clinical performance from India led them to an emphatic 7-1 win over a hapless Pakistan here on Sunday. This was India’s third consecutive victory and it sealed a place for them in the quarter-finals of the Hockey World League Semi-Final, here on Sunday.
Dragflicker Harmanpreet Singh (13th minute, 33rd), Talwinder Singh (21st, 24th), Akashdeep Singh (47th, 59th) and Pradeep Mor (49th) scored for India at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre, while Pakistan’s consolation goal came from the stick of Muhammad Umar Bhutta (57th).
India are atop Pool B with three wins from as many games, just ahead of The Netherlands, who are placed second.
Pakistan, on the other hand, are at the bottom of the pool after losing all three matches they have played so far.
- Can 2 time zones save India’s energy? Govt to study 23 Jun 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- JNUSU president suspended from panels for misconduct 23 Jun 2017 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Dad chops off 3-yr-old’s ears to ‘save’ her life 23 Jun 2017 | Kanika Mehta
- Sikkim CM backs Gorkhaland demand as agitation hits supply 23 Jun 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Army beats BAT back but sacrifices 2 jawans 23 Jun 2017 | Mohit Kandhari/Khurshid Wani
- Kovind to file papers today; PM, NDA CMs to witness 23 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Opp pits Meira against Kovind 23 Jun 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Opp meets today on Prez pick; consensus elusive 22 Jun 2017 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- Distrustful man stabs wife 35 times, son hurt in rescue bid 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter
- World record in Ahmedabad 22 Jun 2017 | Nayan Dave
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The teams of West Bengal, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand were awarded prizes for securing ranks in two categories of the OORJA CRPF Youth Under-19 Football Talent Contest -2017 that concluded on June 22 at Mega Sports Complex, Ranchi. Both in the Boys and girls category the WB team won the first prize getting Rs 1 lakh reward and trophy to each team...