- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
India maul Pak 7-1 in Hockey World League Semi-Final
A clinical performance from India led them to an emphatic 7-1 win over a hapless Pakistan here on Sunday. This was India’s third consecutive victory and it sealed a place for them in the quarter-finals of the Hockey World League Semi-Final, here on Sunday.
Dragflicker Harmanpreet Singh (13th minute, 33rd), Talwinder Singh (21st, 24th), Akashdeep Singh (47th, 59th) and Pradeep Mor (49th) scored for India at the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre, while Pakistan’s consolation goal came from the stick of Muhammad Umar Bhutta (57th).
India are atop Pool B with three wins from as many games, just ahead of The Netherlands, who are placed second.
Pakistan, on the other hand, are at the bottom of the pool after losing all three matches they have played so far.
- SC wants to know fate of seized old notes 25 Sep 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- Independents hold key to G‚Äôgram municipality 25 Sep 2017 | Parvesh Sharma
- IMEI number tampering can land you behind bars! 25 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 3 infiltrators shot in J&K op 25 Sep 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Boiling BHU shut after cops beat girl students 25 Sep 2017 | Ramesh K Singh/PNS
- Pak shoots itself in foot at UN 25 Sep 2017 | S Rajagopalan
- Forced by Sasikala, we all lied Amma was fine, divulges TN Minister 24 Sep 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Senior journalist KJ Singh, mother found murdered in Mohali home 24 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Country first, votes later; anti-graft fight will continue: Modi 24 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Nurse dragged into bushes along NH 58 in Gzb, gangraped 24 Sep 2017 | Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Sep 2017 | PNS | Indore
To observe the third anniversary of Swacchta Bharat Mission, various events are being held in city. Indore Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC) Commissioner Manish Singh have instructed to organize events marking the D-day, ie October 2...