‘India to receive more than normal rainfall’
India will experience a little more than normal rainfall this monsoon, according to a forecast by a weather risk management company.
“As per our models, India will receive more than normal rainfall this year. June is
expected to receive fairly good rainfall, around 25 per cent more than the normal limit,” said Kanti Prasad, senior consultant (climate sciences), Weather Risk Management Services Ltd.
In June, the country is expected to receive 25 per cent more rainfall than normal. Rainfall will start receding thereafter, but will remain within the parameters of “normal monsoon”, he said.
Northeast India, however, may not receive good rainfall, he said.
“Generally, the trend is when the entire India receives good rainfall, the northeastern part does not receive good rainfall,” Prasad added. The India Meteorological Department is expected to come out with its forecast later this month. It has indicated a good rainfall this year with the weakening of El-Nino.
- Mutant malaria back with vengeance! 28 Jun 2017 | CHANDAN PRAKASH
- War room set up for GST teething pains 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Donald: Modi and I are world leaders in social media 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- US Prez hails GST, says it will create new avenues for citizens 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Italian woman abducted to Chd in car boot from fake Delhi tourist office 28 Jun 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- Bihar Mahagathbandhan on brink of collapse? 28 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmad/PNS
- Trump-Modi warmth aimed at China: NYT 28 Jun 2017 | IANS
- PM gifts Trump Lincoln stamps 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- PM invites Trump’s family to India 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Don’t fall into US trap, Chinese writer tells India 28 Jun 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jun 2017 | PNS | CHANDIGARH
After introducing a policy on purchase of land voluntarily offered for development projects, Haryana Government on Tuesday launched a web portal to provide a database of such available land and land sale offers in the State. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “ebhoomiharyana...