Name and shame wilful defaulters, Govt asks banks
Tightening the noose around wilful defaulters, the Government has asked banks to “name and shame” such borrowers by publishing their photographs and other details in newspapers.
Sources quoting advisory of the Finance Ministry said, “Lending institutions shall formulate a policy with the approval of their board of directors which clearly set out the criteria for publication of photographs of wilful defaulters (in newspapers).”
- No more Thak Thak! Kingpin held 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Uber crisis stares in Ola users‚Äô face 19 Mar 2018 | Agencies
- One more graft case revealed on PC, Karti 19 Mar 2018 | J Gopikrishnan
- 3 kids among 5 of Poonch family die in Pak shelling 19 Mar 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
- Cong engaged in fake news, retorts BJP 19 Mar 2018 | PNS
- 3 AIIMS doctors killed in Yamuna e-way crash 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Rahul likens BJP, RSS to Kauravas 19 Mar 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- Cold ‚Äėwar of nerves‚Äô between Moscow, London escalates 18 Mar 2018 | AP
- Pak banks on JeM not LeT to foment unrest in Valley 18 Mar 2018 | Rahul Dutta
- Opp spreading confusion about MSP to farmers: PM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...