- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Newborn wrongly declared dead by Max succumbs
Battling for his life for a week, the premature born baby among the twins, who was found alive after being declared dead by Max Hospital, died on Wednesday in Pitampura nursing home.
While refusing to take the body and demanding arrest of the doctors involved and cancellation of the Max’s licence, victim’s father said, “I will not take my son’s body until the two doctors are arrested. I will also not get my wife, who is still admitted at Max Hospital, discharged, until we get justice.”
In November, Ashish Kumar’s wife gave birth to premature twins at Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh but both the babies were declared stillborn. The hospital handed the twins to the family in a polythene sac, however, the boy was found alive while the parents were on the way to crematorium for performing last rites. The family rushed the boy to a nearby nursing home in Pitampura.
The enquiry committee formed by the Delhi Government to look into the case submitted its preliminary report on Tuesday in which it found Max Hospital guilty of not following prescribed medical norms in dealing with newborns.
- Deaths leave Sterlite power-less, TN moves to shut down plant 25 May 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Honey-trapper woman SHO takes to heels 25 May 2018 | Agencies
- CBI officials repatriated 25 May 2018 | PNS
- Rahul takes Virat cue, throws fuel challenge 25 May 2018 | PNS
- CBI lens on great I-T ‚Äėcover-up‚Äô for Nirav 25 May 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Happiness test to raise BSF jawans‚Äô fighting spirit 24 May 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Sizzling Delhi set to jump from frying pan into fire 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- 1 killed in fresh police firing, HC stays Sterlite expansion 24 May 2018 | PNS
- Refund excess fees with 9% interest, AAP Govt orders 575 pvt schools 24 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Soon after ceasefire plea, Pak resumes shelling, kills five 24 May 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...