Over 400 killed in temblor on Iran-Iraq border
A powerful 7.3 magnitude earthquake near the Iraq-Iran border killed over 400 people across both countries, sent residents fleeing their homes at night, and was felt as far away as the Mediterranean coast, authorities said Monday.
Iran’s western Kermanshah province bore the brunt of the temblor on Sunday night, with authorities saying the quake killed 407 people in the country and injured 6,700 others. Kermanshah is a rural, mountainous region, where residents rely mainly on farming.
The quake was centred 31 kilometres outside the eastern Iraqi city of Halabja, according to the most recent measurements from the US Geological Survey.
- Path-breaking initiative does the trick for Eastern Peripheral E-way 26 Apr 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- DMRC hikes parking rates by up to 67% 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Didn‚Äôt order Aadhaar-SIM link, Govt circular wrong, says SC 26 Apr 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Hut to Rs 10k-cr-empire ride ends behind bars 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- T-Andhra Guv‚Äôs move kicks up political storm 26 Apr 2018 | Omer Farooq
- No Aasha for Asaram 26 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Man who planned to kill Advani held as plot to murder Modi goes viral 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- SC bans construction in 1,797 unauthorised colonies in Delhi 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Parliament not immune to casting couch, says Renuka Chowdhury 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Call to reject Opp bid to oust CJI timely, not hasty: V-P 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...