Positive signals! Export jumps 25.67%, Nifty at record high
Showing a positive trend on the country’s economic growth, India’s export jumped 25.67 per cent to $28.61 billion in September, while the 50-share NSE Nifty sprinted to a fresh record high, crossing the 10,000 mark in its rally. Besides, the Sensex also hit off an over two-month-high as investors threw caution to the winds and went ahead with more buying. As a result of the positive sentiment, the Sensex was up 250.47 points at 32,432.69 and the 50-share NSE Nifty rose 71.10 points to 10,167.50. The rupee also stood firm against the American currency, which fuelled the rally.
- HC upholds jail for Sasikala‚Äôs husband in car import forgery 18 Nov 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Mother‚Äôs love draws footballer back home from LeT clutches 18 Nov 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Padmavati refuses to stay calm, kicks up a storm 18 Nov 2017 | Agencies
- Nitish beats Sharad in battle for arrow 18 Nov 2017 | PNS
- SC wants witness protection plan in place 18 Nov 2017 | pns
- Parking in Sarojini Nagar market to cost you Rs 5,000 18 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Modi gets Moody‚Äôs thumbs up 18 Nov 2017 | Madhusudan Sahoo
- Out of mandate, 200 Rly officials to move out of cosy Delhi-NCR 17 Nov 2017 | Deepak Kumar Jha
- PM Awas Yojana tweak makes MIG homes more affordable 17 Nov 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- BJP leader, guard shot in Gr Noida 17 Nov 2017 | SP Singh
Sunday EditionView All
12 Nov 2017 | PTI | Jammu
Opposition National Conference on Saturday expressed hopes that the visit of a five-member team, led by a senior Home Ministry official, to the border areas of Jammu and Kashmir would help in mitigating the difficulties of the people who bear the brunt of unprovoked shelling by Pakistan. The team, led by Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Home Ministry Rina Mitra, comprises Joint Secretary (Internal Security) Gyanesh Kumar and Director (Ministry...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Nov 2017 | PNS | Bokaro
The Electricity Department Chas on Friday lodged an FIR against seven people for stealing electric power at local police station and fined the defaulters Rs 1.09 lakhs...