SC refuses to pass fresh order to stop cockfights in Andhra
The Supreme Court on Friday refused to pass any fresh order to stop cockfights in Andhra Pradesh. A Bench, comprising Chief Justice JS Khehar and Justice DY Chandrachud, declined to pass the order when it was submitted that the Andhra Pradesh High Court direction in this regard is not being followed.
The fresh plea was mentioned by senior advocate Siddharth Lights who said the HC order banning cockfights in the State is not being followed by the State administration. “The request is declined,” the Bench said.
- Merger talks on, we will give you good news soon, say EPS and OPS 20 Aug 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Nitish-led JD(U) back in NDA fold 20 Aug 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
- 23 die in Muzaffarnagar train accident 20 Aug 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Triumph that left TMC supporters squirming! 20 Aug 2017 | Swapan Dasgupta
- Appear before CBI on Aug 23, SC asks Karti 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Ladakh scuffle bad for India, China: MEA 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Last-minute hiccup in AIADMK merger 19 Aug 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- 5-star hotel manager molests staffer, held 19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Refund extra fees or we will take over: CM to pvt schools 19 Aug 2017 | Rahiba R Parveen
- Teen follows Blue Whale, jumps off 4th floor, critical 19 Aug 2017 | Kanika Mehta
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Solar power plants having total capacity of 2,467 kWp have been installed at various places including industries in Chhattisgarh in 2016-17, the Central Government has informed. Notably, Chhattisgarh Government has decided to identify more potentially rich areas for installation of renewable energy projects and carry out advance planning for evacuation and transmission of power in an effective and coordinated manner...