Scribe molested at ITO Metro; FIR filed 19 hrs after her relentless bid
A 26-year-old journalist was allegedly molested and beaten up by an unidentified man after she fought him for groping her while she was entering the ITO Metro Station on Monday night. Worst, it took her more than 19 hours to get an FIR registered.
The journalist said, “I was entering the ITO Metro Station from gate no 1 when a man walking behind me touched me. When I shouted at him for his behaviour, he groped me. For nearly two and a half minutes, I kept screaming and fighting but he fled after thrashing me. No one came to help me.”
The journalist said, “I alerted CISF personnel about the incident but was made to wait inside the control room within the station for 2 hours until police came.”
- Path-breaking initiative does the trick for Eastern Peripheral E-way 26 Apr 2018 | Chandan Prakash
- DMRC hikes parking rates by up to 67% 26 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Didn‚Äôt order Aadhaar-SIM link, Govt circular wrong, says SC 26 Apr 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Hut to Rs 10k-cr-empire ride ends behind bars 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- T-Andhra Guv‚Äôs move kicks up political storm 26 Apr 2018 | Omer Farooq
- No Aasha for Asaram 26 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Man who planned to kill Advani held as plot to murder Modi goes viral 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- SC bans construction in 1,797 unauthorised colonies in Delhi 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Parliament not immune to casting couch, says Renuka Chowdhury 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Call to reject Opp bid to oust CJI timely, not hasty: V-P 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | Ranchi
The Birsa Munda Bus Terminal at Khadgada from which numerous long route buses, including daily services to Delhi, Bhubaneshwar and Kolkata, operate will soon get shelter homes for the ease of passengers boarding and getting off in the wee hours. The Ranchi Municipal Corporation (RMC) has elaborate plans to make the inter-state bus terminal even more passengers centric so that this state of the art bus terminal can operate on...