Setback for Pak, ICJ stays Jadhav’s death sentence
In a severe jolt to Pakistan, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) has shot off a letter to Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif asking him to stay the hanging of Kulbhushan Jadhav, who was sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court on charges of “spying”.
The ICJ stayed Jadhav’s execution following India's submission that Jadhav was kidnapped from Iran where he was involved in business after retiring from the Navy.
- IGIA maalkhana head struck gold with replicas 25 May 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- Saharanpur clash: Yogi suspends SSP, DM 25 May 2017 | PNS
- Grisly ‘matricide’ sends shock waves in Mumbai 25 May 2017 | TN Raghunatha
- 2-decade-old FIPB scrapped 25 May 2017 | PNS
- Underemployment a major concern for NITI Aayog 25 May 2017 | Amit Goyal
- 400 benami deals exposed, IT attaches Rs 600-cr assets 25 May 2017 | PTI
- CBI summons Karti; I-T to grill Misa, husband 25 May 2017 | PTI
- US to revive projects to counteract China OBOR 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Army demolishes Pakistan’s claim of hitting posts 25 May 2017 | PNS/PTI
- US cuts Pak military aid by 60% 25 May 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Naya Raipur
There will be 14 minor bridges constructed including a major bridge on the proposed railway track between Mandirhasaud, Naya Raipur and Kendri in the new capital region, officials informed. Notably, Naya Raipur has emerged in the country with the largest land bank of a mammoth 237 square kilometres ( 23,700 hectares), officials stated...