- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
Setback to Mamata, HC allows RSS to hold Kolkata rally
The Bengal administration received judicial jolt for the second consecutive day on Friday with the Calcutta High Court setting aside police refusal of permission to the RSS to hold a meeting at the Brigade Parade Ground and allowing the organisation to hold the rally albeit with some riders.
The court not only granted the permission but also pulled up the Kolkata Commissioner of Police for showing his “bureaucratic arrogance” in not giving the permission and asked him to explain his conduct.
The court, however, imposed some conditions for the programme which it said should be held between 2 and 6 pm where only invitees would be allowed in. The organisation would have to give the names and addresses of the people attending the programme to the police, the order said.
No outsiders will be allowed in the programme, said the order, adding adequate security measure should be ensured. The BJP had earlier said the TMC was behind the police refusal of permission to the RSS to hold the rally.
The court had on Thursday overturned the Trinamool-
run Asansol Municipal Corporation decision not to allow MP Babul Supriyo to hold a Sansad Mela.
- KMP Expressway: Rukawat ke liye khed hai 24 Apr 2018 | Parvesh Sharma
- AFSPA revoked in Meghalaya, part of Arunachal 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- RoadWatch app saving wildlife from deathtraps 24 Apr 2018 | Sapna Singh
- ...soon after, judges confront CJI over Govt sitting on appointments 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- BSY‚Äôs son won‚Äôt contest against Siddaramaiah Jr 24 Apr 2018 | Kestur Vasuki
- V-P junks CJI impeachment notice 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Connecting India: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly 23 Apr 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- At CPM helm again, Yechury vows to stop communalism 23 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Tackling youth radicalisation key security concern in J&K 23 Apr 2018 | Rahul Datta
- Vertical gardens get PMO push to curb city pollution 23 Apr 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...