- Yogi unveils booklet on achievements; promises development
- No discussion on H-1B during Modi-Trump meeting
- SC refuses interim order agst Centre's notification on Aadhaar
- China accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim section
- India, US to cooperate against JeM, LeT; ask Pak to rein in terror groups
- With hugs and praise, Modi and Trump strike rapport
Setback to Mamata, HC allows RSS to hold Kolkata rally
The Bengal administration received judicial jolt for the second consecutive day on Friday with the Calcutta High Court setting aside police refusal of permission to the RSS to hold a meeting at the Brigade Parade Ground and allowing the organisation to hold the rally albeit with some riders.
The court not only granted the permission but also pulled up the Kolkata Commissioner of Police for showing his “bureaucratic arrogance” in not giving the permission and asked him to explain his conduct.
The court, however, imposed some conditions for the programme which it said should be held between 2 and 6 pm where only invitees would be allowed in. The organisation would have to give the names and addresses of the people attending the programme to the police, the order said.
No outsiders will be allowed in the programme, said the order, adding adequate security measure should be ensured. The BJP had earlier said the TMC was behind the police refusal of permission to the RSS to hold the rally.
The court had on Thursday overturned the Trinamool-
run Asansol Municipal Corporation decision not to allow MP Babul Supriyo to hold a Sansad Mela.
- Mutant malaria back with vengeance! 28 Jun 2017 | CHANDAN PRAKASH
- War room set up for GST teething pains 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Donald: Modi and I are world leaders in social media 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- US Prez hails GST, says it will create new avenues for citizens 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Italian woman abducted to Chd in car boot from fake Delhi tourist office 28 Jun 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- Bihar Mahagathbandhan on brink of collapse? 28 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmad/PNS
- Trump-Modi warmth aimed at China: NYT 28 Jun 2017 | IANS
- PM gifts Trump Lincoln stamps 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- PM invites Trump’s family to India 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Don’t fall into US trap, Chinese writer tells India 28 Jun 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jun 2017 | PNS | CHANDIGARH
After introducing a policy on purchase of land voluntarily offered for development projects, Haryana Government on Tuesday launched a web portal to provide a database of such available land and land sale offers in the State. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “ebhoomiharyana...