Wary of Jats’ U-turn, Delhi Police holds fort; traffic hit
Despite the decision of the All India Jat Arakshan Sangharsh Samiti not to stage a protest in Delhi on Monday, the Delhi Police maintained heavy police presence across the border areas which led to traffic snarls in different parts of the city on Monday morning and afternoon.
However, the traffic police kept updating the commuters via twitter to avoid jam prone roads in the city. Police had deployed barricades and set up pickets across all the bordering areas to avert any untoward incidents from taking place.
Delhi Police Spokesperson Madhur Verma said, “Prohibitory orders have been imposed. Only bonafide residents, office workers and emergency vehicles will be allowed access in the New Delhi area.”
Massive jams were reported in Lutyens Delhi on all the roads owing to security checks.
- TMC, Tamil Nadu Opp slam Centre 28 May 2017 | PNS
- Have a beef with Centre over ban: Kerala 28 May 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Sunanda murder: Police form team to file report on hotel Leela’s plea 28 May 2017 | Souvik Mitra
- India signs maritime pact with Mauritius 28 May 2017 | Vineeta Pandey
- Natural gas business running out of steam 28 May 2017 | Madhusudan Sahoo
- Wani’s successor shot, one protester killed 28 May 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- 10 ultras killed in 24 hrs 28 May 2017 | PNS
- Terrorists use house of God for evil 28 May 2017 | Rahul Datta/Mohit Kandhari
- If Europe is to survive, it must root out jehadism 28 May 2017 | Swapan Dasgupta
- Govt keeps pet breeders, mills on tight leash 27 May 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
28 May 2017 | PNS | New Delhi
The Election Commission on Saturday made it clear that EVM challenge will be conducted within the framework of the existing administrative safeguards and security protocols. The commission said that it had never made a 'promise' to hold a “no-holds-barred hackathon” when it announced the EVM hacking challenge...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 May 2017 | PNS | Jamshedpur
As the government appointed probe team reaches at crucial stage ofinvestigation, sources informed that the team is focussing on the landdeal that is suspected to be the reason behind gruesome killings. “During investigation we found that rumours on child lifting was usedan alibi to lynch the youths at both the places by vested interestgroups with some ulterior motives bent on disturbing peace of thesociety...