What an Idea! Merger with Voda makes it top mobile operator
British telecom giant Vodafone and Kumar Mangalam Birla-owned Idea Cellular announced the all-share merger deal on Monday, creating the largest mobile operator by customer and revenue market share in the country. The mega entity is expected to create a telecom giant with its wide-ranging implications for the industry, services, the staff and consumers.
“The merged entity will be jointly controlled by Vodafone and the Aditya Birla group as per shareholders’ agreement,” said Idea and Vodafone in a joint statement.
As telecom industry is on consolidation move, besides this merger, its competitor Bharti Airtel has already bought Indian assets of Telenor, while Reliance Communication, Aircel, Tata Teleservices and MTS are in talks for merger.
Voda-Idea telecom giant will be headed by Kumar Mangalam Birla as Chairman and is expected to come into force over the next two years. Vodafone will have its nominee as the Chief Financial Officer, according to its Chief Executive Officer Vittorio Colao.
- SP MP forced to eat words on Hindu Gods after ruckus in House 20 Jul 2017 | PNS
- NHAI OK‚Äôs Delhi-Panipat, Delhi-Alwar rail tracks along NH 20 Jul 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- No groundwater extraction from Ganga basin sans nod: NGT 20 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter
- India retaliates, 3 Pak soldiers die, posts destroyed 20 Jul 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- Shimla gangrape-murder: ‚ÄėAccused‚Äô killed in lock-up 20 Jul 2017 | PNS
- No PLA build-up on LAC: India 20 Jul 2017 | PNS/Agencies
- SC: Digital age dilutes privacy 20 Jul 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- Air India flies high on operational profit 19 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Cess on cigarettes wipes out Rs 48K cr from BSE in 1 day 19 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Right to privacy: SC to assess its Aadhaar 19 Jul 2017 | Abraham Thomas
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Aspirants for Sub Inspectors’ post in the State gathered in quite a number at Morabadi ground Wednesday to stage protest against the recruitment norms of State government. The aspirants conducted a ‘Maha Mundan’ where approximately 60 students shaved their heads...