Woman sans Aadhaar forced to give birth at hospital gate
A woman was forced to give birth to a baby at the emergency gate of General Hospital in Gurugram on Friday at 11.25 am in full public view after medical staff allegedly refused her admission as her husband was unable to show an Aadhaar card.
After the issue was raised by 25-year-old Munni’s family members and a senior official informed authorities about the incident, the hospital mended its ways and admitted the mother and the baby and provided them medical aid.
“Initial probe suggests negligence on the part of hospital staff. We have recommended termination notification against a nurse Manita and junior resident doctor Mohini. Both were on a contractual basis. We have also formed an enquiry committee and further probe into the matter is underway,” Principal Medical Officer of General Hospital Dr Pradeep Sharma said.
Husband of the woman Bablu, a labourer who lives in Sheetla Colony and works in Gurugram, said, “My wife was in extreme pain at 9.30 am and we rushed her to hospital. There employees asked for the Aadhaar card first at the gate. I told them it will take time and as her condition was not good they should admit her first. But they didn’t pay heed to my request. They kept on asking for the Aadhar card. After they denied admission, we came outside the hospital. And
it was at the emergency gate where she delivered a baby girl in full public view.”
Munni is a housewife.
- Petrol zooms to Rs 76.24/L, diesel touches all-time high 21 May 2018 | PNS
- 7 policemen martyred in Naxal attack 21 May 2018 | PNS
- Delhi Govt stops restro-bars from playing recorded songs, music 21 May 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Gowda Jr to meet Sonia, Rahul in Delhi before swearing-in 21 May 2018 | PNS
- Bastariya Battalion all set to take on Maoist menace 21 May 2018 | PNS
- Pre-monsoon showers so far lowest in 5 yrs 21 May 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Pak reels as India hits back 21 May 2018 | Mohit Kandhari
- English Hons tops DU aspirants‚Äô choice 20 May 2018 | ABHINAV SINGH
- Every stone a youth picks destabilises Valley: Modi 20 May 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Kumaraswamy to take oath as CM on May 23 20 May 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 May 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
With State’s biggest Urban Local Body (ULB) gearing up to conduct vendors’ committee election in June second week for formation of first Town Vending Committee, the members of Ranchi Footpath Hawkers Association covering quite a number of street vendors appear reluctant to take part in the upcoming election. Notably, as per the rule, allocation of shops to street vendors at the vendors market is done on the recommendation of the...