Afghan president inaugurates first air corridor with India
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has inaugurated the first Afghanistan-India air corridor during a ceremony at the Kabul International Airport - a direct route that bypasses Pakistan and is meant to improve commerce.
Ghani says the aim of the route is to create more opportunities and make Afghanistan an exporter country. His adviser Sediqullah Mujadedi says Afghan agricultural products will for the first time head to India on cargo planes.
Mujadedi says the first India-bound flight on Monday included 60 tons of natural plants; a second flight will follow, with 40 tons of dry fruits to be sent form Afghanistan's southern Kandahar province.
Afghanistan is a mountainous landlocked country and all imports and exports depend on neighbouring countries. Relations between Kabul and Islamabad have become strained over accusations of harbouring militants.
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Twin blasts rock market in Pakistan's north-west, 15 killed 23 Jun 2017 | IANS
- Punjab passes bill to enable hotels near highways serve liquor 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US will need India to counter China: US think tank 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- All 45 elected members of GTA resign 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Mirwaiz calls officer's lynching 'brutal act' 23 Jun 2017 | IANS
- China still says no to India's NSG membership 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Mukesh Ambani blinks, drops gas price challenge against govt 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Kovind files nomination in presence of PM, NDA CMs 23 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...