- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
Ahmedabad serial blasts mastermind among 3 arrested in Bihar
The alleged mastermind of the 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts and two of his associates have been arrested here, police said today.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) S K Singhal identified the suspected mastermind as Tausif Khan, a resident of Ahmedabad and aged around 35 years.
Earlier, the Gaya police had identified him as Tausheek Ahmad.
Gaya Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Garima Mallik told PTI that the Gujarat ATS had been informed about the arrest and a team was being sent to Gaya.
Mallik said the man's original name is Tausif Khan and that he has been living in Gaya under the name of 'Atiq Sir'.
Mallik said Tausif Khan and his associate Sanaah Khan were arrested from outside a cyber cafe in Rajendra Ashram locality in Gaya town last night.
The owner of the cyber cafe Anurag Basu, who also runs a monthly magazine in Gaya, found the two making some objectionable posts on social media and tipped off the police, deputy superintendent of police (DSP) Alok Kumar Singh said.
The arrests were made by a police team with the help of Basu and some locals, he said, adding that on the basis of information gathered from the two, Shahber Khan of Shahdeo Khap village was arrested for giving shelter to Tausif.
Sanaah Khan hails from Shahdeo Khap village of Gaya.
Singhal said Tausif and Sanaah culled information on ISIS from the internet and emailed some parts to a few parliamentarians, among others.
Bihar ATS Inspector General of Police Sunil Kumar Jha said officers of National Investigation Agency (NIA), RAW, ATS, IB and Bihar Police were questioning the three at Delha police station of Gaya.
The DSP said that during interrogation it emerged that Tausif, who has been staying in Gaya under the name of 'Atiq Sir', is a B.Tech in computer and electronics from D Y Patil University in Maharashtra. He has been visiting Gaya since 2009 and staying at Shahdeo Khap village at a shelter provided by Shahber Khan.
He was teaching maths and science to students in a school at Shahdeo Khap village. He also presented the teachings of Islam "in a wrong way" to arouse anti-national feelings among his pupils, the DSP claimed.
During interrogation, Tausif revealed the names of more than 12 youths who had been associated with him, the DSP claimed.
Jha of the Bihar ATS said the cyber cafe owner and the local police who apprehended him would be rewarded.
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China 19 Feb 2018 | AFP
- India aspires to and moving towards a $5 tn economy: PM 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar shine as India begin T20 series in style 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...