All Bihar med colleges to have eye banks by Dec end: Nitish
The step will facilitate eye donation campaign, Kumar told a function organised by Dadhichi Dehdan Samiti (DDS) on the occasion of International Organ Donation Day.
He also declared to donate his eye on the occasion and hoped that the government would be able to implement the second round of reforms in the health sector so that people will not have to go outside for treatment.
Kumar said kidney transplantation has been started at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS) and will also be started at Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH).
Liver transplantation will start at IGIMS by the end of this year, he said.
Stressing on organ donation, he said the state government would extend all help for it. The campaign on abolishing dowry and child marriage to be launched on Gandhi Jayanti will also tell the people about the importance of organ donation.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi exhorted people to come forward to take the pledge to donate their organs and body and said he has already donated his body.
"In cricket, one has the opportunity to play a second inning but one can also do so in his/her own life by donating his/her eye or organ," he has already declared to donate his body.
Health Minister Mangal Pandey declared to donate his eyes.
- 6 coaches of Utkal Express derails in UP, 20 injured 19 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Knife attacker in Russian city wounds 8, shot by police 19 Aug 2017 | AFP
- NPA resolution: RBI chief calls for recapitalisation of banks 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Positive result on merger in a day or two: Panneerselvam 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Still judging current mechanism for resolving bad debts: Jaitley 19 Aug 2017 | IANS
- Iraqi forces ready for next battle against IS extremists: US 19 Aug 2017 | AP
- Security forces launch search operation in Shopian 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Bannon returns to Breitbart after his White House ouster 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Adityanath targets Rahul, says Gorakhpur not a 'picnic spot' 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Nitish Kumar-led JD-U faction joins NDA 19 Aug 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
The Geological Survey of India will carry out assessment of Limestone deposits In Laladhurwa-Jognipali Block of Raigarh district in Chhattisgarh. GSI last year took up assessment of limestone deposits at Birutola-Nawapara-Sohagpur Blocks of Kabirdham district in Chhattisgarh, officials stated...