- BrahMos air version test-fired with indigenous seeker
- Education fee cap for martyrs' children removed
- Cong to move privilege motion against Swaraj for 'misleading' RS on death of Indians in
- Govt paves way for tax-free gratuity of up to Rs 20 Lakh
- UIDAI CEO to make presentation on Aadhaar before SC
- AAP govt presents Rs 53,000 cr budget for 2018-19
- China sells Pakistan sensitive missile technology
- Linking Congress to data scam diversionary tactics: Rahul
- Facebook enhancing security features ahead of polls in India, Brazil: Zuckerberg
Bachchan calls docs in Jodhpur, Jaya says he is fine
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan's cryptic blog post on getting his doctors from Mumbai to "fiddle around" with his body today sparked worries about his health but wife Jaya Bachchan said he was fine and had a pain in his neck and back.
A team of doctors from Mumbai travelled to this Rajasthan city after Bachchan posted his blog around 5 am today.
"I am getting my team of Doctors in tomorrow morning to fiddle around with my body and set me up again... I will rest and keep informed in process," Bachchan, who is in the city to shoot for "Thugs of Hindostan", said in his blog.
Addressing questions about her husband's health, actor-politician Jaya Bachchan told reporters in New Delhi that he had back pain because of the heavy costumes he had to wear in the film.
"Amitji is fine. He has pain in the back and neck... The costumes are very heavy, so there's some pain. Otherwise he is fine," she told reporters outside Parliament.
As news spread about the 75-year-old star's possible ill-health, reporters and others gathered outside the hotel. Questioned by the media, the doctors refused to make any comment about his health.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje wished Bachchan a "speedy recovery".
"Concerned to hear Shri @SrBachchan Ji is unwell. Do let us know if we can be of any assistance. Wish you a speedy recovery!" she tweeted.
In his blog post, Bachchan also wrote about the gruelling shoot schedule of the Vijay Krishna Acharya-directed film, which also features Aamir Khan.
"The morning after the night that began yesterday for work some people need to work for a living and work hard.
"It's been rough.. But when ever did any be achieved without it .. There is struggle and disappointment and pain and sweat and tears... Then the expectation of all working out .. Sometimes it does, most of the times not... It is the right impetus to say and deliver that it has been successful and achieved," he said.
- US Fed raises key interest rate amid stronger growth outlook 22 Mar 2018 | AFP
- Table tennis player Soumyajit booked for rape 22 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Jacqueline did 'full justice' to 'Ek Do Teen', says Salman 22 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Serena bows out in first round of Miami Open 22 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Sarkozy says no evidence against him in Libya funding probe 22 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Facebook data breach: Where is Mark Zuckerberg? 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Trump calls Putin, congratulates him on re-election 21 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Sanjay Dutt upset over 'biography', publisher stops further extracts 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Maldives former dictator, judges charged with terrorism 21 Mar 2018 | AP
- Google celebrates Ustad Bismillah Khan's 102nd birthday 21 Mar 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A proposal to set up two centres of excellence, one in floriculture and another in citrus fruits, in Madhya Pradesh with the cooperation of Israel is awaiting the Centre's green-signal. While talking to media persons here on Thursday, Israel Consul General in Mumbai Yaakov Finkelstein told, “India and Israel are working on to strengthen the partnership and cooperation in the fields of agriculture and water...