- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
BJP govt re-inaugurating Cong projects: Rahul Gandhi
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today accused BJP governments at the Centre and in Uttar Pradesh of re-inaugurating projects launched by the previous UPA dispensation in his Lok Sabha constituency Amethi.
"I am happy to note that our BJP friends are out to re- inaugurate these projects started by us...But I am happy that we initiated these works for the people of Amethi," Gandhi said.
He was having an informal chat with newspersons in Tiloi on the second day of his three-day visit here.
Gandhi was seeking to take the wind out of the sails of BJP chief Amit Shah, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union minister Smriti Irani who are scheduled to visit Amethi on October 10 to launch a number of new projects in Amethi.
Giving details of the works done by him, the Congress MP mentioned projects like a hospital worth Rs 90 crore, FM radio, sainik school, Rajiv Gandhi aviation university at Fursatganj and Institute of Hotel Management.
He also named the projects like Central school at Jais, Amethi-Uchahar new rail line, doubling of Rae Bareli-Amethi rail line, multi-functional complex at the railway station, four-laning of Lucknow-Sultanpur NH 56, bypass of NH and six national highways through Amethi.
"These are our works," he asserted.
Attacking Prime Minister Narendra Modi again, Gandhi said, "the BJP government has completed three-and-a-half years and has only one-and-a-half years left. The prime minister should work now for employment generation and for farmers."
The Congress vice president had yesterday also criticised the Modi government over the issue of unemployment and farmers' problems.
During a chaupal (village gathering) at Kathaura village in Jagdishpur, Gandhi had said yesterday, "Farmers and youth are the two main issues concerning India...If Modiji cannot address them he should say so and Congress will come and do his work in six months."
He had said that "Prime Minister Narendra Modi needs to stop wasting time of the countrymen and start giving employment to the youth as promised."
- PM turning blind eye to anarchy in Delhi: Rahul Gandhi 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- PM regards Northeast as 'Ashta Lakshmi', it will soon become biggest contributor to GDP: Shah 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Rahul writes to slain scribe's father, offers condolence 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Nirav Modi managed to travel despite Interpol flashing info on revocation of passport: CBI 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Vice Prez visits AIIMS to inquire about Vajpayee's health 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Pradhan to take up crude price issue at OPEC Vienna meet 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
- After Jain, now Sisodia sent to hospital 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Chandimal denies ball tampering with sweet, rescues Sri Lanka with bat 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
- India has overcome Congress legacy, can no more use it as excuse: NITI Aayog Vice Chairman 18 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Three killed as gangs fire at each other in north Delhi 18 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...