- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh
- UK: Mallya trial to hear evidence from political expert
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple
- NY attack: Trump says urgent need to fix 'lax' immigration
- Three soldiers missing as avalanche hits forward post in J-K
BJP govt re-inaugurating Cong projects: Rahul Gandhi
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today accused BJP governments at the Centre and in Uttar Pradesh of re-inaugurating projects launched by the previous UPA dispensation in his Lok Sabha constituency Amethi.
"I am happy to note that our BJP friends are out to re- inaugurate these projects started by us...But I am happy that we initiated these works for the people of Amethi," Gandhi said.
He was having an informal chat with newspersons in Tiloi on the second day of his three-day visit here.
Gandhi was seeking to take the wind out of the sails of BJP chief Amit Shah, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union minister Smriti Irani who are scheduled to visit Amethi on October 10 to launch a number of new projects in Amethi.
Giving details of the works done by him, the Congress MP mentioned projects like a hospital worth Rs 90 crore, FM radio, sainik school, Rajiv Gandhi aviation university at Fursatganj and Institute of Hotel Management.
He also named the projects like Central school at Jais, Amethi-Uchahar new rail line, doubling of Rae Bareli-Amethi rail line, multi-functional complex at the railway station, four-laning of Lucknow-Sultanpur NH 56, bypass of NH and six national highways through Amethi.
"These are our works," he asserted.
Attacking Prime Minister Narendra Modi again, Gandhi said, "the BJP government has completed three-and-a-half years and has only one-and-a-half years left. The prime minister should work now for employment generation and for farmers."
The Congress vice president had yesterday also criticised the Modi government over the issue of unemployment and farmers' problems.
During a chaupal (village gathering) at Kathaura village in Jagdishpur, Gandhi had said yesterday, "Farmers and youth are the two main issues concerning India...If Modiji cannot address them he should say so and Congress will come and do his work in six months."
He had said that "Prime Minister Narendra Modi needs to stop wasting time of the countrymen and start giving employment to the youth as promised."
- For many Muslims, EVM the real enemy 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi should stop telling lies: BJP 12 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Sharad Yadav moves HC against disqualification from RS 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Gujarat election: EC orders repolling in 6 booths on Thursday 12 Dec 2017 | IANS
- 6 sentenced to death in suspected honour killing of Dalit man 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul slams PM Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Govt takeover of Unitech: NCLT should have taken our leave, SC 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Modi takes sea-plane from Sabarmati to visit Ambaji Temple 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- NY attack: Trump says urgent need to fix 'lax' immigration 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- UK: Mallya trial to hear evidence from political expert 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
After revised notification by DOPT, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered the case in the 'sex CD' matter. According to official sources in Police Headquarters, the notification of the DOPT dated December 7 reached the PHQ on Monday...