- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
BJP govt re-inaugurating Cong projects: Rahul Gandhi
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today accused BJP governments at the Centre and in Uttar Pradesh of re-inaugurating projects launched by the previous UPA dispensation in his Lok Sabha constituency Amethi.
"I am happy to note that our BJP friends are out to re- inaugurate these projects started by us...But I am happy that we initiated these works for the people of Amethi," Gandhi said.
He was having an informal chat with newspersons in Tiloi on the second day of his three-day visit here.
Gandhi was seeking to take the wind out of the sails of BJP chief Amit Shah, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union minister Smriti Irani who are scheduled to visit Amethi on October 10 to launch a number of new projects in Amethi.
Giving details of the works done by him, the Congress MP mentioned projects like a hospital worth Rs 90 crore, FM radio, sainik school, Rajiv Gandhi aviation university at Fursatganj and Institute of Hotel Management.
He also named the projects like Central school at Jais, Amethi-Uchahar new rail line, doubling of Rae Bareli-Amethi rail line, multi-functional complex at the railway station, four-laning of Lucknow-Sultanpur NH 56, bypass of NH and six national highways through Amethi.
"These are our works," he asserted.
Attacking Prime Minister Narendra Modi again, Gandhi said, "the BJP government has completed three-and-a-half years and has only one-and-a-half years left. The prime minister should work now for employment generation and for farmers."
The Congress vice president had yesterday also criticised the Modi government over the issue of unemployment and farmers' problems.
During a chaupal (village gathering) at Kathaura village in Jagdishpur, Gandhi had said yesterday, "Farmers and youth are the two main issues concerning India...If Modiji cannot address them he should say so and Congress will come and do his work in six months."
He had said that "Prime Minister Narendra Modi needs to stop wasting time of the countrymen and start giving employment to the youth as promised."
- CBI to look into Fairfax detective's Bofors allegations 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Woman tries to sell kidney to meet demand of her lover 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Bowling long spells in Tests remains my ultimate aim: Kuldeep 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- I-T dept launches 'online chat' to answer taxpayers queries 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Over 1,200 kg firecrackers seized, 29 held post SC ban on fireworks sale 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi 18 Oct 2017 | IANS
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident' 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley 18 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Marathi Sahitya Academy, along with Directorate of Culture, will organise musical event ‘Diwali Pahat’, to celebrate Diwali at Ganesh Temple on Wednesday at 6.30 am...