- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
BJP might not win 2019 LS polls: AP CM
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu today lashed out at the BJP and said the saffron party might not win the Lok Sabha polls in 2019.
"Till the other day, everybody thought the BJP is invincible but the political scene has completely changed now. There is an assertion that the BJP will not win the next election," a TDP release, quoting Naidu, said.
He was addressing the coordination committee meeting of the TDP here this afternoon.
Hitting out at the BJP, he said arrogance would cause anybody?s downfall, however big they might be.
BJP stood out as an example for this, he said.
".... Any position (of authority) should enhance one?s humbleness but not cause arrogance. Otherwise, it will only lead to downfall," Naidu said.
He warned his party rank and file not to be over-confident as it would create unwarranted problems.
"The two national parties (Congress and BJP) lost their moorings in Andhra Pradesh," he said.
"YSR Congress is a corrupt party while the Jana Sena and the Left parties themselves are unsure if they could give a fight. But still, all of them are launching a combined attack on the TDP."
"People are watching all this," Naidu said.
The TDP was fighting for the rights of five crore people of Andhra Pradesh.
"People will give the right verdict at the right time," he added.
- Cong spreading "lies", dividing society: Modi tells Ktk BJP 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- What is holding up Justice Joseph's appt to SC, asks Chidambaram 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Delhi saw warmest day at 42 degrees 26 Apr 2018 | IANS
- One-on-one talks at museum, walks by lake side and boat ride to mark Modi-Xi 'heart-to-heart' summit 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Need to ensure domestic T20 does not prejudice international cricket: ICC 26 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Unmanned crossings to be eliminated by Mar 2020, primary responsibility not with railways: Lohani 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Disinvestment-bound AI on hiring spree; to induct 270 co-pilots 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Felt like an outsider in Trinamool: Bhaichung Bhutia 26 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Raping girls no sin for 'Brahmgyani' like him, believed Asaram 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Pak foreign minister disqualified by court for holding UAE work permit 26 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Apr 2018 | PNS | Haridwar
Uttarakhand State police district/ BN athletics meet 2018 kicked off on Thursday following its inauguration by the State Cabinet Minister Madan Kaushik. Speaking to The Pioneer, the commandant of 40 battalion of the PAC Haridwar RL Sharma said that the main events which were held on Thursday included 200, 800 and 1500 metres race, long jump, discus throw, hurdle race and pole vault...