BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Monday accused the BJP and RSS of spreading “hatred” among people and claimed that the SP and his party activists were for harmony in society.
Addressing a rally in Bijnore’s Afzalgarh area in favour of SP-Congress alliance candidate Hussain Ahmed, he also said since the Congress has formed an alliance with the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lost his sleep.
The Congress vice-president also alleged that the BJP-led NDA dispensation at the Centre had failed to generate employment opportunities as promised, and “the lion of ‘Make In India’ has failed to provide jobs to unemployed youths”.
Accusing Modi of favouring some business houses, Rahul said when he met the PM in his office, he had asked him to waive the loans of sugarcane farmers, but “got no assurances”. “Instead of waiving farmer’s loans, he had waived the loans of some business houses. If a farmer fails to pay his debt he called a thief but when a businessman, who had taken a loan of several crores, escapes abroad, then he is merely declared as ‘defaulter’,” he said.
Later, addressing a rally in Bareilly, he claimed that the “wrong policies” of the Centre and demonetisation of high value currency notes were responsible for the poor state of small and traditional enterprises, including the local ‘manjha and surma’ industry.
- Mehbooba directs police to check harassment by cow vigilantes in Valley 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Minor girl allegedly raped in Garo Hills 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėFatah Ka Fatwa' stopped: Centre tells High Court 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Ragging case: 6 students expelled from IIIT-Nuzvid 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Woman fraudulently uses Mangeshkar's name to collect donations, booked 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Hyderabad boy rescued from Andhra; kidnapper held 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 4 U‚Äôkhand villages to get science, technology push 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Merged AIADMK wants EC to restore Two Leaves symbol 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Modi releases postage stamp on Lord Ram 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Rs 2.6L interest subsidy for MIG on home loans 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
In a clear indication of an irreconcilable rift between it and its senior alliance partner BJP, the Shiv Sena on Saturday staged simultaneous protests at 12 places across the metropolis against the hike in prices of fuel, essential commodities and domestic gas cylinders. Amid intense speculation that Sena president Uddhav Thackeray — during his Dussehra rally to be held next week — might announce withdrawal of his party’s support to the...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Saturday said that the foundation for new power plant at Patratu — a joint venture of Jharkhand Government and National Thermal Power Corruption (NTPC) will be laid soon. During a meeting with NTPC Chairman Gurdeep Singh here on Thursday CM said that the plant will not only fill the energy gap in State but will also be able to supply power to other States...