BJP-RSS spreading hatred: Rahul
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Monday accused the BJP and RSS of spreading “hatred” among people and claimed that the SP and his party activists were for harmony in society.
Addressing a rally in Bijnore’s Afzalgarh area in favour of SP-Congress alliance candidate Hussain Ahmed, he also said since the Congress has formed an alliance with the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has lost his sleep.
The Congress vice-president also alleged that the BJP-led NDA dispensation at the Centre had failed to generate employment opportunities as promised, and “the lion of ‘Make In India’ has failed to provide jobs to unemployed youths”.
Accusing Modi of favouring some business houses, Rahul said when he met the PM in his office, he had asked him to waive the loans of sugarcane farmers, but “got no assurances”. “Instead of waiving farmer’s loans, he had waived the loans of some business houses. If a farmer fails to pay his debt he called a thief but when a businessman, who had taken a loan of several crores, escapes abroad, then he is merely declared as ‘defaulter’,” he said.
Later, addressing a rally in Bareilly, he claimed that the “wrong policies” of the Centre and demonetisation of high value currency notes were responsible for the poor state of small and traditional enterprises, including the local ‘manjha and surma’ industry.
- International Geeta Mahotsav to start on November 25 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Aircraft built on terrace in Maha gets DGCA nod 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Plea in HC seeks removal of Kerala CM 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- China objects to Kovind's visit to Arunachal Pradesh 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Rajnath dismisses reports of ISIS presence in Kashmir 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- China rejects Pak's allegation of RAW sabotaging CPEC 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Security drill begins for Ivanka‚Äôs visit to Hyd for global summit 21 Nov 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Singapore Airlines to operate flights to Amaravati 21 Nov 2017 | V Sudhakar Rao
- HM terrorist shot dead in Tral 21 Nov 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- 5.6 lakh children are malnourished in Maha, no money spent on nutrition 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Nov 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | Jamshedpur
State’s first women university will come at Sidhgora in the eastern part of Jamshedpur, Chief Minister Raghubar Das said on Monday in Jamshedpur. “I am happy to announce that first Women’s University will come up at Sidhgora...