- Taj Mahal important, doesn't matter who built it: Adityanath
- Time for Ayurveda-led 'health revolution', says Modi
- Search on for missing Indian crew aboard capsized cargo ship: MEA
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosai shot dead in Punjab
- Bomb kills journalist who exposed Malta's ties to tax havens
- Panama Papers scribe killed in Malta car bomb
- North Korea says 'a nuclear war may break out any moment'
Car explodes after hitting police van on Paris's Champs-Elysees: official
A car exploded and burst into flames after it crashed into a police van on the Champs- Elysees avenue in Paris on today, police and investigators said, adding that the driver was armed.
A source close to the investigation said the driver was "seriously injured".
Police said earlier that the driver was "on the ground... unconscious."
Police and judicial sources said they suspect the incident was a deliberate act.
The incident came just two months after a policeman was shot and killed on the world-renowned avenue, three days before the first round of France's presidential election.
A note praising the Islamic State group was found next to the body of the gunman, Karim Cheurfi, in that incident.
Police later found other weapons in Cheurfi's car including a shotgun and knives.
- CEO of firm run by Dera Sacha Sauda held for role in Panchkula violence 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Demolish Parliament House, Rashtrapati Bhavan also: Azam Khan 17 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Taj Mahal important, doesn't matter who built it: Adityanath 17 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Search on for missing Indian crew aboard capsized cargo ship: MEA 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Time for Ayurveda-led 'health revolution', says Modi 17 Oct 2017 | PTI
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosai shot dead in Punjab 17 Oct 2017 | IANS
- Bomb kills journalist who exposed Malta's ties to tax havens 17 Oct 2017 | AP
- North Korea says 'a nuclear war may break out any moment' 17 Oct 2017 | AP
- 'Withdrawal of terror charges against Saeed by Pak must be condemned' 16 Oct 2017 | PTI
- At EC hearing, Sasikala camp urges freezing 'two-leaf' symbol permanently 16 Oct 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Around 23 lakh farmers have got registered so far in Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana launched today in Madhya Pradesh. The registration process was started from September 1...