Car explodes after hitting police van on Paris's Champs-Elysees: official
A car exploded and burst into flames after it crashed into a police van on the Champs- Elysees avenue in Paris on today, police and investigators said, adding that the driver was armed.
A source close to the investigation said the driver was "seriously injured".
Police said earlier that the driver was "on the ground... unconscious."
Police and judicial sources said they suspect the incident was a deliberate act.
The incident came just two months after a policeman was shot and killed on the world-renowned avenue, three days before the first round of France's presidential election.
A note praising the Islamic State group was found next to the body of the gunman, Karim Cheurfi, in that incident.
Police later found other weapons in Cheurfi's car including a shotgun and knives.
- Narasimhan move raises political storm in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Data breach: Govt again sends notices to CA, Facebook 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Eastern Peripheral Expressway : Innovation beats the clock 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Delhi Mtero hikes parking rate 25 Apr 2018 | PNS
- SC questions Centre on mandatory seeding of Aadhaar with mobile 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- North Korea nuclear test site part-collapsed: Chinese experts 25 Apr 2018 | AFP
- PNB to hire detective agencies to locate untraceable borrowers 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Congress video shows Modi with Asaram 25 Apr 2018 | IANS
- SC judges urge CJI to hold full court on issues plaguing judiciary 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- CBI cracks Kotkhai rape case 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2018 | PNS | BRAHMAPUR
The ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA) in collaboration with the State Fisheries Department, Ganjam zone, conducted an awareness meet for tribal students entitled "Fish as Healthy Food” at Badapalli Ashram School in Digapahandi block on April 20. More than 350 students from seven nearby schools participated in a meet with their teachers...