Centre hikes DA to 5 pc for 1.1 cr employees, pensioners
The Centre today increased dearness allowance and dearness relief by 1 per cent to 5 per cent, benefiting 50 lakh employees and 61 lakh pensioners.
"Release of additional installment of DA is an increase of 1 per cent over the existing rate of 4 per cent of the basic pay/pension, to compensate for price rise," according to an official statement.
The new rate will be applicable from July 1.
The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both DA and DR would be Rs 3,068.26 crore per annum and Rs 2,045.50 crore in the financial year 2017-18 (for a period of 8 months from July 2017 to February 2018).
This move will benefit about 49.26 lakh central government employees and 61.17 lakh pensioners, it said.
- England post new ODI record total 19 Jun 2018 | AFP
- Governor's rule imminent in J-K; Rajnath holds high-level meet 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- There should be no distinction between 'good' or 'bad' terrorism: Kovind tells EU 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- CoA asks BCCI officials to watch India-England T20Is at own expense 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Hope muscular, militaristic policy doesn't return under guise of Governor's rule in J&K: Chidambaram 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- J&K decision to help state, country: Yogi 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Kejriwal ends sit-in, IAS officers attend meetings 19 Jun 2018 | IANS
- Opportunistic BJP-PDP alliance set fire to J&K, damage will remain: Rahul 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- L-G asks Kejriwal to urgently meet IAS officers to address concerns 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Patanjali gets UP's nod to give land to subsidiary firm for food park 19 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...