- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
Centre hikes DA to 5 pc for 1.1 cr employees, pensioners
The Centre today increased dearness allowance and dearness relief by 1 per cent to 5 per cent, benefiting 50 lakh employees and 61 lakh pensioners.
"Release of additional installment of DA is an increase of 1 per cent over the existing rate of 4 per cent of the basic pay/pension, to compensate for price rise," according to an official statement.
The new rate will be applicable from July 1.
The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both DA and DR would be Rs 3,068.26 crore per annum and Rs 2,045.50 crore in the financial year 2017-18 (for a period of 8 months from July 2017 to February 2018).
This move will benefit about 49.26 lakh central government employees and 61.17 lakh pensioners, it said.
- BJP hits back at Rahul for his 'hugplomacy' jibe at PM 25 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Rahul slams Modi on Hafiz Saeed release, calls it 'hugplomacy fail' 25 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- PM reviews steps taken to reduce under-nutrition 25 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor 25 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 184 killed in militant attack on Egypt mosque 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...