Chinese military protests "intrusion" of an Indian drone
The Chinese military today voiced strong dissatisfaction and opposition to the recent "intrusion" of an Indian unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) into China's airspace, according to a media report.
The Indian UAV "intruded" into China's airspace and crashed recently, and China's border troops have conducted identification and verification over the vehicle, said Zhang Shuili, deputy head of the combat bureau of the Western Theatre Command's joint staff department.
He did not provide the exact location of the crash site. The People's Liberation Army's western theatre command's jurisdiction include Tibet's border region with India.
"India's move has infringed upon China's territorial sovereignty, and we are strongly dissatisfied with and opposed to this," Zhang has been quoted by the state-run Xinhua news agency.
"We will fulfil our mission and responsibility and defend China's national sovereignty and security resolutely," he said.
There was no immediate response from the Indian Defence Ministry.
India and China were recently locked in a standoff in the Dokalam after Chinese troops began constructing a road near the Bhutan trijunction.
The 73-day-long Dokalam standoff ended on August 28 after Chinese troops stopped building a key road close to India's Chicken Neck corridor.
India had objected to the construction highlighting its security concerns. The road was being built by the Chinese troops in the area also claimed by Bhutan.
- SC Constitution bench to hear pleas against Aadhaar tomorrow 13 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case 13 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage 13 Dec 2017 | IANS
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech 13 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Inflation jumps to 15-month high, IIP slows to 2.2% 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Undercurrent against BJP in Guj; results will be 'zabardast': Rahul 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- For many Muslims, EVM the real enemy 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi should stop telling lies: BJP 12 Dec 2017 | IANS
- Sharad Yadav moves HC against disqualification from RS 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Gujarat election: EC orders repolling in 6 booths on Thursday 12 Dec 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
13 Dec 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
The Congress will organise a yatra covering all the 11 districts where the party feels that the employment rights of the locals have been compromised with. The protest is also against the said promise reportedly made by Chief Minister Raghubar Das to amend the decision allowing outsiders into Government jobs in certain part of the State...