- S Africa widens hunt for Zuma allies to India, China
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights
- Mentally challenged person shot dead near J&K Air Force station
- FIR against Rotomac promoter for Rs 800 cr bank fraud: CBI
- PNB fraud fallout: CBI seals Brady House Branch in Mumbai
Chit fund scam: CBI arrests Seashore Group director
CBI today arrested Seashore Group of companies Director Pravat Kumar Dash in connection with its probe into multi-crore chit fund scam.
Sources in the CBI said, Dash was director in all the 15 companies of the group including Seashore Securities Limited, which collected deposits from gullible investors.
The investigating agency has registered 44 FIRs in connection with chit fund scam on the orders of Supreme Court last year.
A Special Investigation Team of the agency under Joint Director Rajiv Singh is probing the scam which is an off-shoot of Saradha ponzi scam.
- Guj municipality polls: BJP wins 47 bodies 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Robbers break into UP bank's locker room, steal money, jewellery 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Canadian PM holds meeting with Gujarat CM 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- News about Indian banks taking hit of $3 bn is false: Finance Ministry 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Documents show larger conspiracy behind Gandhi's murder, SC told 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Karnataka legislator's son surrenders in assault case 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Irrespective of caste, creed, sex, religion India is one: Naidu 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- India best placed to leverage technology: PM 19 Feb 2018 | IANS
- DMK to convene 'all-party' meet on Cauvery issue 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Pak charges Rs 2.86L as route navigation charges on PM flights 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...