Chit fund scam: CBI arrests Seashore Group director
CBI today arrested Seashore Group of companies Director Pravat Kumar Dash in connection with its probe into multi-crore chit fund scam.
Sources in the CBI said, Dash was director in all the 15 companies of the group including Seashore Securities Limited, which collected deposits from gullible investors.
The investigating agency has registered 44 FIRs in connection with chit fund scam on the orders of Supreme Court last year.
A Special Investigation Team of the agency under Joint Director Rajiv Singh is probing the scam which is an off-shoot of Saradha ponzi scam.
- HDK to face floor test tomorrow; BJP throws gauntlet, fields Nominee for Speaker's post 24 May 2018 | PTI
- TN firing toll 13; Stalin, CM trade accusations on violence 24 May 2018 | PTI
- CS assault case: Sisodia to be quizzed tomorrow 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Centre working on long-term solution to fuel prices: Pradhan 24 May 2018 | IANS
- US Prez Trump cancels Singapore meeting with North Korea's Kim 24 May 2018 | PTI
- PNB fraud: ED files charge sheet against Nirav Modi, associates 24 May 2018 | PTI
- North Korea demolishes nuke test site with series of blasts 24 May 2018 | AP
- Rahul challenges Modi to cut fuel prices 24 May 2018 | IANS
- Missile that downed MH17 came from Russian military: Investigators 24 May 2018 | AFP
- Petrol price over Rs 85 in Mumbai, crosses Rs 80 in Kolkata 24 May 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...