- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
Comey: Trump's requests on Russia probe 'very disturbing'
Fired FBI director James Comey said today US President Donald Trump's requests to stop probing the Russia ties of a former national security advisor as "very disturbing" and accused the White House of defaming him.
He said Trump misguided the American public when he said the FBI was in disarray last month after his firing.
"Those were lies, plain and simple," Comey said in his testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee.
"I don't think it's for me to say whether the conversation I had with the president was an effort to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing, very concerning," he said.
- Hope Trump will rethink decision on Paris deal: Rajnath 06 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Trump calls for travel ban from 'certain dangerous countries' 06 Jun 2017 | PTI
- India signed Paris pact not for money: Sushma 05 Jun 2017 | IANS
- US committed to curbing climate change: Haley 04 Jun 2017 | PTI
- US Supreme Court sets deadline for travel ban filings 03 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Iran must stop supporting 'terrorists', Trump says in Israel 22 May 2017 | PTI
- Democrats seek impeachment of President Trump 17 May 2017 | PTI
- Iran votes in head-to-head between diplomacy and resistance 17 May 2017 | AFP
- France's Macron appoints centre-right PM to widen appeal 15 May 2017 | AFP
- North Korea rolls out missiles, other weaponry at parade 15 Apr 2017 | AP
- India aspires to and moving towards a $5 tn economy: PM 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar shine as India begin T20 series in style 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Nirav fraud: PNB officials took commission to sign LoUs 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- CM presence in Goa Assembly session doubtful, panel to decide on curtailment 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM 18 Feb 2018 | IANS
- Will consult legal experts on appealing against Cauvery verdict: TN CM 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Diamond is now fraudster's best friend! Nexus under scanner 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
- School students set to present social projects at UN 18 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Saturday dedicated to the people of the State an interntional standard 'Swami Vivekananda Stadium' built at a cost of Rs 17 crore at Kota in Raipur. After inaugurating the stadium, the Chief Minister had a look at various facilities at the stadium...