- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
- Hafiz Saeed walks free; vows to fight for 'Kashmir cause'
- Parliament's Winter Session to be held from Dec 15 to Jan 5
- Vasco Da Gama-Patna Express derails near Manikpur in UP, 3 dead, 9 injured
- RK Nagar bypoll in TN on Dec 21: EC
'Daro mat', tweets Rahul after BJP moves EC against him
Rahul Gandhi today took a jibe at BJP for approaching the Election Commission to demand freezing Congress' poll symbol by alleging that he had violated the model code of conduct by linking his party symbol "hand" with religious figures during a speech.
"Dear BJP, daro mat (Dear BJP, don't be scared," he wrote on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
The tweet comes hours after a BJP delegation comprising Union ministers Prakash Javadekar and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against Gandhi and sought freezing of the poll symbol.
"The grand old party Congress' grand new leader has tried to give communal colour to the elections by his statement in which he co-related the Congress' 'hand' with various religious figures. This is a clear cut case of corrupt practice. There should be action against both Congress and its leader," Naqvi told reporters after filing complaint with Election Commission.
At Congress' 'Jan Vedna Sammelan' earlier this month, Gandhi had made comments co-relating his party's poll symbol 'hand' with gods, violating the provisions of the Representation of the People Act, 1951, model code of conduct and the guidelines issued by the Supreme Court, BJP has alleged in its complaint.
- Group led by Akhilesh is SP, entitled to 'Bicycle' symbol: EC 16 Jan 2017 | PTI
- Kejriwal gets bail in poll affidavit case 24 Dec 2016 | IANS
- Rahul Gandhi, Kejriwal wish President on birthday 11 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Be part of transforming digital India: Javadekar to academia 01 Dec 2016 | PTI
- Akhilesh replacing tyres of damaged cycle: Rahul 15 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Not blamed RSS for Mahatma's assassination, but people linked to it: Rahul 24 Aug 2016 | IANS
- Making Anandiben 'scapegoat' won't save BJP in Gujarat: Rahul 02 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Rahul blows poll bugle in UP, defends Sheila as Cong's CM face 29 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Rahul Gandhi targets Modi government over price rise 28 Jul 2016 | IANS
- Raising quality of education will be top priority: Javadekar 07 Jul 2016 | PTI
- 184 killed in militant attack on Egypt mosque 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Congress wants to break Army's morale, says Sitharaman 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Indian bowlers skittle out defensive Sri Lanka for 205 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- National opposition should work together to challenge Modi 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- Emmerson Mnangagwa sworn in as Zimbabwe President 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
- RSS chief pitches for Ram temple at disputed site in Ayodhya 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Fare hike costs metro three lakh commuters a day 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- S African court doubles Pistorius sentence to more than 13 yrs 24 Nov 2017 | AFP
- Delhi HC dismisses plea against release of movie Padmavati 24 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 'Padmavati': Body of man found hanging on Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur 24 Nov 2017 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | PNS | Chandigarh
The Congress on Friday leveled allegations of impropriety and conflict of interest against Justice (retired) SN Dhingra and demanded dismissal of inquiry report submitted by him into the controversial land deals in Gurugram, including those of Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra. “Justice SN Dhingra Commission of Inquiry and its report submitted on August 31, 2016 have been used as a political tool for malicious witch hunt by the BJP...